• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect shine/gloss for a white car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect shine/gloss for a white car?

I just ordered a white car to be delivered in Aug. I was in the shower room again today looking at the white and silver colours on the actual car. The white car is not as glossy as the silver.

I've been using NXT since early last Apr and very happy with it on my current silver grey cars.

So I'm wondering:

1) are white cars generally less glossy then cars with 'darker' colours
    2) any special receipe to create a super glossy finish?

Many thanks

White cars will never offer a "deep, wet, superior shine" like dark colored cars will due to the lack of "color."

My advice for superior shine is to just use DCPC 2 and Some NXT Wax. Thats the combo I used on my 96 White Mustang and it came out nice..

Comment

Remember, 99.9% of all cars manufactured today have a clear coat finish, so you're never working on a silver car, or a white car or a black car etc., you're working on a clear coat.

Gloss comes from smoothness, the smoother the finish the glossier the finish.

Here's a related but different article on this...

Which LSP is Best for Light Colors
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I really like #20, NXT and #16 on white paint.
        Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

thx for all the input.

So is it worthwhile to hand apply Show Car Glaze after claying and #80? Then top with NxT?

I find #7 adds plenty of depth and "wetness" to my current cars. And #7 does "darken" the appearance

I'm just mentally going through steps and preparation. Can't wait !

Comment

The Gloss, or lack thereof in the show room could be due to their detailing habits, which may or may not be good.

As for #7, if you already have it, try it. If you cant tell a difference, then dont worry about it. If you can, then keep using it. It certainly may improve gloss.

Could always machine apply a polish if you want to speed things up and still get some benefit. Just have to balance your results with the time you want to put in.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

My mom drives a white Toyota and used the GC wax and it shines a lot. If I ever get motivated, I might take a few reflection shots of her car because they are so easy to get. It's just too bad I can't take the credit, the only thing I did was get her to try Meguiars instead of Zaino.

Comment

My mom drives a white Toyota and used the GC wax and it shines a lot. If I ever get motivated, I might take a few reflection shots of her car because they are so easy to get. It's just too bad I can't take the credit, the only thing I did was get her to try Meguiars instead of Zaino.

Please be motivated...and take a few pictures

thx

Comment

First I'll have to get her to wash it again. That is always hard. Maybe her boyfriend can convince her to wash/wax it again. If she washes it I'll take some pics for you.

Edit: It is supposed to be rain/sleet/snow all week long so I won't be able to get the pictures any time soon, sorry .
                  Last edited by Accident; Feb 18, 2006, 11:12 AM.

Comment

it also depends car companys offer different shades of white. a pearl white car has alot of shine and gloss in it

Comment

My Mach1 has Oxford white paint and I use #21 on it.Its not gonna get any deeper than this.
                      Attached Files
                      2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                      Show Car Detail

Comment

Originally posted by Detailer420
                        it also depends car companys offer different shades of white. a pearl white car has alot of shine and gloss in it
                        that's true. Unfortunately, what I'll be getting is a flat white and the optional "mystic" white (a cross between metallic and pearl) isn't available for that car

But I saw the car in person, (at the Canadian International Auto show) side by side with a silver one, the white does look sharper.

Comment

Re: Perfect shine/gloss for a white car?

hey i have bought a new Suzuki Dzire in metalic white color and i have seen some scratches on the paint as the top layer of paint is damaged can someone tell me to repair these scratches as i am not familiar with polishing, waxing and that all.

thank in advance :-)

Comment

It would be hard to get more depth from lighter colored cars. Try White Wax, the finish up with Ultimate Wax, sure you may get more of it when used on dark colored cars, but it offers crisp reflections/gloss that may make up for the lack of depth on lighter colored paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishwendrasingh3009 View Post
                              hey i have bought a new Suzuki Dzire in metalic white color and i have seen some scratches on the paint as the top layer of paint is damaged can someone tell me to repair these scratches as i am not familiar with polishing, waxing and that all.

thank in advance :-)
                              If the scratches aren't as widespread, I would try out ScratchX 2.0 applied with a foam applicator. Remember it's a paint cleaner, so you apply it, work it in until the scratch is gone (you may need to go at it more than 2 times to ensure removal), remove it while wet. Take your time when working on the car, it will be time consuming, but worth the effort. After the scratches are removed, apply a coat of wax

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');