• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Roadshow Goes To Dallas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Roadshow Goes To Dallas!

Meguiar's Roadshow Goes To Dallas, Texas This Weekend!

This Saturday Wash Solutions will host our first official off-site Meguiar's Detailing Class coordinated through our Meguiar's Online Discussion forum! With over 40 people signed-up it's going to be a fun day in Dallas!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

the class was great. alot of info i wasnt aware of. the classroom and the hands on were both educational. thanks to wash solutions for hosting and to barry for the gifts. i hope to make the autorama show tommorrow. to bad it was so cold for the class.

looks as though washsolutions might gain business. most of us didnt know they were there. i know where to get supplies from now.?

where do i sign up for the next one?

Comment

Meguiar's Roadshow Goes To Dallas!

First of all I would like to Thank Mike (for braving the conditions) and WashSolutions for being a gracious host.
      I've been a registered member on this forum for almost two years, and from day one I always wanted Meguiars to come to Dallas. Well it finally happened and I was too excited
      Simply put, the class was very informative and it also shed light on little things that an average car crazy enthusiast may not pay attention to (like the instruction on how to apply the product to pad)..
      Mike, thank you for coming we all see the passion you have for championing the Meguiars spirit, and we can all see how dedicated you are at instructing car crazy guys on proper technique. I hope this isn't the last time, and I also hope other cities in the continental U.S. get an opportunity to see you in action, as well as take advantage of the fellowship experienced among car crazy guys and gals in these classes. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

Oh yeah, BARRY MEGUIAR we love you as well!!!!!
      Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Comment

Except for few stragglesrs, here's a class shot of most everyone that attended.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's a shot of most of the members of the Wash Solutions crew including our man David, "Smitty", Smith on the far right. David's been working for Meguiar's for over 9 years with a combined total of 20 years in the car polishing business.

If you car club would like to schedule a clinic like this, you can't get any better than a class taught by Smitty... Send me an e-mail and I'll put you in contact with him or contact Wash Solutions directly and ask for either Tony or Barry, they will hook you up!

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Great class, definitely worth the time! Thanks Mike for flying and teaching the class even though you were under the weather. Thanks also to Tony and the guys at WashSolutions.

I thought I knew a lot after hanging out on the forum here but I certainly learned some knew things. Mike's stories were very interesting and made the class portion zoom by. The hands on demonstrations were invaluable and the main reason I came to the class.

Thanks again for bringing the class to Dallas!

Cheers!
            Phillip
            My Black '05 GTO

The3dwizard at DAZ3D Productions

Comment

My thanks to everyone involved in making this Detailing Day happen. I learned a number of key tips even though I've spent hours and hours in these forums. Wash Solutions...good to know a local place where we can buy a large selection of Meguiar's products. We'll be back.

BTW: Steve, we expect to see pictures of your BMW when you finish what we started today.

Comment

Great class. The presentaion and demonstration were very helpful. This forum is a useful resource, but it cannot replace seeing something in person. Prior to attending I had a number of questions. All of them were answered today.

Thanks for offering the class in Dallas

Comment

This was well worth the wait! I learned everything I wanted to and more. Mike is a consummate professional. Not only does he know the product inside and out but he really knows how to make paint look brillant.

Tony and Ed at Wash Solutions got me all re-stocked with Meguiar's product (as I have been having trouble finding the professional items I needed) and it was great meeting your regional rep David Smith.

I sure hope I don't have to wait another 2 years to get a detail day like this again.

Thanks Barry and the Meguiar's team for sending Mike our way!

Comment

Great Class! I learned more than I thought I would! Sorry for me straggling in late, roads were a pain this morning with traffic.

Mike you are a great teacher, thanks again for taking time out of your busy scedule to come to Texas! I bet the rental car company will be dumfounded by a perfectly polished trunk and the rest of the car full of swirls!

Have a safe trip home Mike.

Thanks again to Wash Solutions, I didn't even know a place like that existed in Dallas! Thanks for hosting Mike and Meguiar's!

FWIW, we should hold our own clincs in Dallas, we seem to have a good group of people and a vast amount of knowledge between us.

I also look forward to Meguiar's returning, the class was really benifical, and I know a bunch of my friends would like to go next time.

I cant wait for warmer weather!

Comment

To the Meguiar's Corporation,
                      Thank you for having this event in Dallas. Mike is the perfect teacher and trainer. Watching him do the demonstrations gave me the confidence that with practice I could be a great detailer too. After hearing Mike's excellent teaching in the classroom, it's easy to understand why Meguiar's products are the best. Wash Solutions you are the best around. Thanks for be such gracious hosts at this event.

Again Thank You for coming to Dallas,
                      Derrick

Comment

Mike, Smitty, Tony and the rest at Wash Solutions, thank-you for putting on a great class and I was glad to see so many fellow members were able to make it to the class in spite of the horrible weather (freezing rain and drizzle). We even had to wipe the frozen rain off a couple cars to demonstrate the products and their proper usage.

It would be great if we could make this an annual event, I am sure there is more than enough interest in Dallas to generate full classes each time.

....and Mike, I hope you get to feeling better. It was great seeing you again, my friend.
                        Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Mike ,thank you so much for the class ,well worth the 550 mile round trip for me .You did a great job and I learned more than I thought I would. Hope you get to feeling better . I might even try my hand at the rotary buffer !!! ,I already have a DA and now I know I will make better use of it !!!
                          Last edited by Mojo1; Feb 19, 2006, 02:55 PM.
                          2004 MY C5 ,2005 SLK350[BLACK],.1999 Black Suburban .

Comment

Mike,

Thanks so much for flying in to do this. To David Smith, and the guys at Wash Solutions, thanks so much for hosting this event...it was GREAT! Like Mojo, I also travelled from Houston, 480 miles round trip, to attend the show! It was nice to finally learn that I really do NOT know how to use my DA, but now I can achieve the results I have been looking for for years!

Met a lot of cool people and really enjoyed the event.

My Vette was nice and clean leaving Houston this morning, and it is absolutely FILTHY now Good thing I stocked up on some detailing supplies so I can get her cleaned up again!
                            1999 Arctic White FRC Corvette

Comment

Great class, I learned a lot, Ive been making a lot of mistakes, its a wonder my truck has any paint left on it. You can read "how to's" all day but nothing beats 1/1, or 1/30? instuction.
                              I could tell Mike was feeling really bad but did his thing anyway and didnt miss a beat, thanks Mike, great class, take care of your self and get better soon.
                              Also the gang from Wash Solutions, a new toy store for me and David were great, big thanks also.
                              And it takes a real enthusiast (nut) to go out on a bitterly cold, icey day, drive xxxx miles to learn how to polish a car, you guys and girls are my kind of people!

Car Crazy.

thanks to Barry too!

Big J
                              2003 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson 100th Anniv. Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');