• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Roadshow Goes To Dallas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME Class! Many thanks to Mike for coming out even though he was clearly under the weather and not feeling all that great.

I know I learned alot. I had always been hesitant about taking anything mechanical to my paint, I figured I'd always do more harm than good...

...Mike gave me the confidence that I can do this myself with better results than most production "detailing" shops...

Thanks again!
    Logan@Trilogy
    http://www.trilogyf150.com

Comment

Originally posted by TX Harley Guy
      Wash Solutions, a new toy store for me
      Wash Solutions is even better than the tool section at Sears!

I've been doing business with them for more than 10 years now and you cannot find a more well run, well stocked Meguiars distributor with such excellent, well-informed staff anywhere.
      Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

thanks alot to all the folks at meguiars and wash solutions for the great detail day, and a big thanks to mike for giving up a weekend with his family to make time for us. i feel like i will be able to sharpen some tecniques with the knowledge mike so graciously shared
        "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Comment

Great Class!! Thanks for the info. Mike is a great teacher. My wife, who is not a "car care" person, even enjoyed the class. We are looking forward to using the knowledge and trying your products on our new car.

Shotist & Yvette

Comment

i thought the class was very good.. i learned a lot of things from Mike and i want the DA polisher really bad now.

everything was great, but if i had one complaint i would say that i noticed not only myself, but a few others annoyed at certain people that kept disrupting the class

Comment

Where's the pics????

Sounds like another great Meguiar's Training Day!!!
              But geez, with over 40 of you there, surely somebody else got some pictures of the days events?

Comment

Here's some Pics

Some pics, I didn't have time to weed through them. It was tough to shoot in there. Dimly lit warehouse type place, didn't have my speedflash, so was stuck trying to catch people when they weren't moving or closeups with the flash... Sigh...

Anyway, you get the idea... There's about a 100 pics here...

Clicky Click Click...
                Logan@Trilogy
                http://www.trilogyf150.com

Comment

Thanks a bunch, Logan

Comment

Thank you so much Wash Solutions and Mike and Smitty for putting on a great detailing clinic. Great selection for my purchases too. Makes me wish i lived closer to dallas but unfortunately im 3 1/2 hours away.

Anyways, thanks again for taking one for the team Mike when you were sick and all and giving us one hell of a show. I know every single one of us learned at least something from this and that is worth more than any words can be said.

Be sure to keep up informed on any other Texas clinic cuz im sure that many of us would travel again. At least i know i would! =P

Comment

Re: Here's some Pics

Originally posted by Logan@Trilogy
                      Some pics, I didn't have time to weed through them. It was tough to shoot in there. Dimly lit warehouse type place, didn't have my speedflash, so was stuck trying to catch people when they weren't moving or closeups with the flash... Sigh...

Anyway, you get the idea... There's about a 100 pics here...

Clicky Click Click...
                      Thanks for the pics dude!
                      1999 Arctic White FRC Corvette

Comment

Awesome class. Thanks for fighting through the illness Mike.

Trent

Comment

Another "Thanks!" to all the hosts involved. It was real informative and I too learned a few things about PC technic. Can't wait for some warmer weather to put my new goodies to use.

Hope you're recovering Mike.
                          George G.
                          ----------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for posting all those pics, Logan!
                            Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

This is probably the hardest write-up I've ever tried to create mostly because as Logan stated above, the warehouse lighting, while appropriate for a warehouse, was somewhat dim for taking and capturing good photos... so if everyone will keep that in mind I'll try to resize the best of what we captured and share the class held on this day in this thread...

Forum member Steve's aka hartgeh5s was kind enough to let us use his black 1995 M540i as our demonstration car. Here you can see the entire class surrounding his car as we begin the hands-on portion of the class.

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Basically what we do in our hands-on portion of the class is re-enforce what we learn in the classroom portion of the class, which is,

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
                                • Step 1 Wash
                                  Step 2 Clean
                                  Step 3 Polish
                                  Step 4 Protect
                                  Step 5 Maintain

In our particular situation, because of the limited time and the icy cold weather, instead of washing the car to start with, we used Meguiar's Quik Detailer to wipe the car clean so that we could evaluate the condition of the finish with both our eyes and our hands.

Here's a few folks using their hands and their sense of touch to feel for above surface bonded contaminants after we wiped the finish down, but before we did any prep work.

Our surface evaluation using our hands and our eyes, (with the aid of a a Xeon light to expose the swirls), revealed the finish on the BMW had both bonded contaminants and swirls.

Inspecting for Above Surface Bonded Contaminants

Without the Swirl Finder, the finish looked pretty good in the dimly lit warehouse, but with the aid of the Swirl Finder it was easy to see the clear coat finish was filled with hundreds of thousands of swirls

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');