• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC application question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC application question

I have a few questions about the 2006 version of All Purpose Cleaner.

I know that in the past, APC was marketed as an all purpose cleaner that could do anything from degrease engines and wheels to cleaning interior carpet and upholstery. However, in the Meguiars online store, APC is listed under "Engine Degreasers/Car Cleaners" along with Safe D-Greaser and Super Degreaser. Being that Safe D-Greaser and Super Degreaser are quite obviously "Degreasers" I feel that (by a process of illimination) APC is the "Car Cleaner".

The actual product description in the Meguiars online store states:

"Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner is ideal for reconditioning all interior surfaces. The superior foaming action gently lifts the dirt away while its unique blend of fabric softeners and optical brighteners enhance the look and feel of carpet, upholstery, vinyl and even leather."

As you can see, the description doesn't mention anything about its ability as a "degreaser".

My questions are:
    1. Besides cleaning interiors, can the "new" version of APC be used to degrease engines, wheels, etc.. and if so, is it safe on painted surfaces?

2. Does anyone have first hand experience with using this newest version of APC as a degreaser and if so, were you satisfied?

I'm sure that many of you would just say that I should simply by some Safe D-Greaser or Super Degreaser if I'm interested in a degreaser.
    I agree... However, If I could get away with one product that could clean engines and wheels in addition to interiors, I would just rather buy the one product. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    George (YukonG)

(by a process of illimination)

Sorry about my spelling. It's "elimination"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');