• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To: Meg 3 step polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: Meg 3 step polish

Hi guys,

Just bought the 3 step porduct. I'm still abit unclear on how use each product efficiently. Hope ya guys can help me out.

1. 1st/2nd Step. Do I apply and wait for awhile before I buff it off? Or
    just apply and buff it off?

2. 3rd Step. This I know I have to wait for awhile before I buff it. Right?

3. Which steps can I apply for more than 1 layer? E.g. 3rd(wax) step, I can
    actually apply a few layers, right? What about 1st and 2nd steps?

4. When I was applying the 2nd/3rd step, I find it hard to buff of the
    remains. It is like there is a layer of "oil". Why so? Did I apply
    too much? I'm suppose to apply thin layer of each product?

5. Is applying the product with a foam applicator and wipe of the remains
    of each steps with a terry cloth/polish cloth the right way?

Err, guess that's all. Thanks for all the trouble replying my concern...

On steps 1 and 2 you just work it in then wipe off. Don't let it dry or as you found out it's hard to remove. I have done the same thing also!. Step 3 you put it on then wait and do the swipe test. When it swipes clear it's ready to remove. Then you can put the second coat on. Make sure it is a thin coat on both layers.

Kelly
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

No problem...

1. You will want to apply them, rub them in a little, then wipe off before they dry.

2. You will want ot wait until it hazes over, and you can do the swipe test.

How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test

3. You only need one polish step. If you feel your paint is very dirty, you may apply a cleaner more than once to get the dirt off. Though in that case, you may be better off with a stronger cleaner. You can also apply a cleaber with a terry cloth to give it a little more bite. Keep in mind that the DC#1 is very mild.

What's the Deal with "Layering"?

4. Yes, you may have applied too much. Also, you may have tried to remove the wax before it is completly dry, or the polish after it dried.

5. I like the Hi-Tec Foam Applicators, and the newer Even Coat Applicators are also quite nice. You can remove the product with a 100% cotton terry cloth towel, or one of the Supreme Shine Microfiber towels. Both will work.

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');