• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Cable 7424 VS Meguiars DA Polisher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable 7424 VS Meguiars DA Polisher?

Well, I think I decided I need a DA polisher finally. Swirls are driving me crazy and I can't seem to make them go away much by hand. So I have found either a Porte Cable 7424 for about $130, or the Meguiars DA for about $160. So is there any difference between the two? The meguiars DA is pretty much the Porte Cable polisher with Meguiars logo's on it right?

The only difference I've found is the Porte Cable comes with a one year warranty and Meguiars warranties theirs for life. For $30 I would probably go with the Meguiars considering the $40 it cost me to have my Dewalt Rotary fixed last time.

Thanks.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Either one you get you will be happy with if you get the Porter Cable 7424 you will have to buy a hook and loop backing pad from meguiars as I did or something similar, that is if you want to use their pads or any other hook and loop pad.

not sure where you are getting the Meguiars DA for $160 but that is a great price, it sould come with the hook and loop backing pad and one polishing pad. For 160 don't think I would pass up the meguiars just for the warranty.

The only difference is as you said the warranty and the meguiars sticker on the side.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I don't know if the warrinty is still valid if resold, but I found this auction on ebay you might want to check out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2459182298

Comment

Ok I thought they were the same. The $160 is a special my meguiars guy locally is running right now. He's been trying to talk me in to one for a while anyways. I don't think I'm supposed to post it, but if anyone wants the info PM me and I'll send you the url.

And I did see that auction on ebay, I think I'd rather get a new new one than risk it. I'm kind of surpised how high that one is already big up to already.

Thanks again, I think I'll be buying one here in the next few weeks probably.
        Later,
        Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Well, bought the Meguiars DA polisher yesterday. My locla detailer meguiars guy came out and gave me a little demo and I was sold. Using it with a cutting pad (The 6" pads make it easy to use) and dual acton cleaner/polish it actually got the swirls out of my hood. Only problem now it I didn't realize how badly my paint in front was pitted from general road debris. Still, it looks much better than before. Now I just need to do the rest of the car and not just that little test spot on the hood.
          Later,
          Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Hmm sounds like you caved in too early. You should have waited until he did the whole car before saying you'll take it
            Bob
            2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
            Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Haha, he'd have probably charged me for much more than that one little spot. But he showed me how on one small spot then let me try another and gave a few tips. Plus I'd sent him so many referals he gave me the official professional and detailer product cross reference laminated posters, some stickers, and a few samples. So I can't complain. So I guess I'm now the Meguiars pimp of the area.
              Later,
              Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

You won't be disapointed with the PC! You might just want to start waxing your car everyday.
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

You made a good choice.
                  r. b.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');