• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie member from Sweden saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie member from Sweden saying hello

Hi guys!

I recently stumbled over Meguiar's at the local shop just by accident (went there to buy spray-on putty for a loudspeaker project) and took a brochure. Needless to say, but doing so anyway , it intrigued me and I went back to NXT Wash and the washing glove and the water magnet to start with.

It's still winter here, so waxing is out of the question for me at the moment-as my garage is still extremely dusty from sanding loudspeaker boxes.

Anyway, I'm 34 years old from southern Sweden and just bought (~6 months ago) a new Ford Mondeo (Mk. III 2005). Honor green metallic paint. I'll get back with a real picture later on, for now a commercial pic:

I guess this car doesn't exist in the States, but I guess it shares technology with Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

Guess that makes it one of the most boring cars anyone on this forum owns... oh well - I'm very happy with it and compared to the retired 22 year old Ford Granada it's both luxurious and fast.

I'm not a car maniac to the same degree as some of you, and I definitely don't have the knowledge yet to get max out of my washing and detailing - but I'm here to learn!

The result from washing my jewel with NXT wash was good enough to make me an instant Meguiar's fan!
    Do, or do not - there is no try.

Re: Newbie member from Sweden saying hello

Originally posted by Mondeo Mk.III

I'm not a car maniac to the same degree as some of you, and I definitely don't have the knowledge yet to get max out of my washing and detailing - but I'm here to learn!

The result from washing my jewel with NXT wash was good enough to make me an instant Meguiar's fan!
    Hi Mondeo Mk.III,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

You'll find plenty of friendly folks here on Meguiar's Online always willing to share their experience and knowledge. To Start with, here is a few threads you might want to check out....

List 'O Links

Many of the things we cover in our Saturday Classes are discussed and talked about in the threads found in the sub-forums of the Information Station

For example,

Circles or Straight Lines?
    Which LSP is Best for Light Colors
    How To Remove Swirls By Hand
    Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
    How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
    How to locate Meguiar’s Professional & Detailer products in your hometown
    How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test
    The Dual Action Counterweight "Controversy"
    What are the Differences Between Meguiar's Waxes
    What's the Deal with "Layering"?
    Measuring Clear Coat Thickness
    Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer
    Glass Polishing...Deep Cleaning
    NXT Tech Wax Cure Time
    Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car
    Colored Waxes - Do they really work?
    PC + #83 not "Cutting" it! - The Limits of the Dual Action Polisher
    What it Means to Remove a Scratch
    Why Meguiar’s Recommends Polishing Paint
    Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
    A Lesson From White Paint
    Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike!

I'll go though the from the top and down. I think I've managed to read through most of them, but I could have missed something.

This forum is truly motivating! Great job!

//Björn Andersson

Comment

It's been a long winter, they say the longest since WWII here, but yesterday i finally thought it was a good thing to change to summer tires and do some real work.

I found another dealer of MGs products, so I got my hand on the Endurance gel as well, and boy did that do a lift for the looks.

I used a noname alkaline tar remover first and then used the NXT Wash with my Kärcher gun. After drying that off with the water magnet (which never ceases to amaze me!) I went fot the DC#1 and #2. The DC#1 removed a lot of tiny scratches I'd gotten, but there are a few bigger ones that survived - guess I should try ScratchX next time there. The depth of color and wetlook from those two products were just amazing. I'd say my car didn't look that good when I bought it last fall! Rain and dinnertime stopped me from doing any more - have a few panels left for the DC#2 and then I aim to put NXT wax on her.

Oh, and I used the NXT Glass cleaner too! Looks great from the outside, hope it's still as good next time I drive into the sun.

Had a little scare later on, was washing the mitt, a duofiber, two microfiber and 2 applicator pads in the washingmachine... and suddenly when i passed it, the 3yo daughter had upped the temperature to 95 degrees Celsius (close to boiling). I saw melted pads and ruined cloth for my inner eye and turned it back down immediately... but they look ok coming out, so I hope they still function as intended.

MG products amaze me, here's one devoted follower for sure. I think I should make an MG shrine in my garage. Perhaps I can get my hands on some stickers or so to make it look almost professional. *grins*

Comment

Hej Björn!

Nice to see that there are other swedes as well on the forum...

Have you found any good dealer in sweden that carries more than the consumerline?

So far I've only gotten hold of a local paintshop (that has most products but at horrible prices) and Micro. Micro doesn't carry much more than the consumer lines however..

Anyway, almost spring now, I started up my B8 last saturday and it sounded like a dream
          I'll have to wait until first of may however, there's still lots of gravel and stuff on the roads, so I'll wait until they've sweeped the streets and a couple of downpours have done their work...

/Marcus

Comment

Hi Marcus!

Likewise!

Yes, I found one place here in Malmö called Biotec that carries some of the professional line and detailer lines of products and that may in the future also bring home the marine line.

thepolishman.se also carries som professional MG stuff

Very nice car - way out of my finances, though. Guess you have a 2nd car if you can let it stay still all winter. Myself, I have a gravel road to drive to get to my house, so it really makes no difference.
            Hopefully me and the neighbours will agree on paying for asphalt this year.

Comment

I added a 2nd layer of NXT Wax and didn't rub so vigourously on it after reading another thread. Though it didn't become flame-free when I rubbed it down next day.

It rained heavily while I was out playing golf yesterday and the beading on my car was close to sensational - and no other car in the parkinglot came even close.

I went to IKEA and bought a bookshelf and then some cans of spraypaint - black, red & gold. Painted and put it together over the easter holiday, so now I have my own Meguair's Shrine for the products. (Perhaps it's really supposed to be yellow, but I opted for gold) I'll snap a pic some day soon and post.

Comment

Here's a pic. (a bit over blue-ish, i know. camera is not the best.)

Wish I was brave enough to post it in Show off, but I only have one pic, so...

No-name degreaser, NXT Wash, Clay, Step-1 & Step-2 in the 3-step series and NXT liquid wax.
                Last edited by Mondeo Mk.III; May 15, 2006, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I'm a finn, close enough ? Anyway your car loos great. Cool idea to paint a bookshelf in Meguiars colors

Comment

I wonder if the polish man will ship stuff to Norway?.. Is he polish enough?

Nice color on your Mondeo, it´s a great car!
                    Let´s see some pics the next time you wax it!
                    Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                    Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                    00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Went over my car the on sunday a little more serious than normal was... NXT wash, DC#2 and NXT wax. Endurance gel and GlassX too... looked good, but perhaps one is home blind so I didn't think it particularly spectacular.

Yesterday I parked it by a supermarket in full sunlight and halfway to the entrance I turned and... Gosh! What a shine and what a wonderful wetlook gloss!

So happy to have found Meguiar's products!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');