• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QID that has UV Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QID that has UV Protectant

I think that a version of the Quick Interior Detailer with UV protectant would be good. I like the flat look of the QID, but it doesn't offer much protection from what I hear. I think that a detailer that produces a result as flat as the QID does and adds the protection so that I don't have to continue to use another product to get the protection needed would be great.

I would agree, but I think that the whole idea of the QID is that it is a mild cleaner that leaves little behind.

Perhaps an Interior Detailer with no gloss/flat finish is a better thought.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As I understand it, the QID does have *some* UV protection is it.

Can Mike or anyone else confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by ebpcivicsi
        As I understand it, the QID does have *some* UV protection is it.

Can Mike or anyone else confirm?
        You are correct. QID does contain a little UVA and UVB inhibitors, but it should not be counted on to be a direct replacement for a normal protectant.

Each product has its place.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
          I would agree, but I think that the whole idea of the QID is that it is a mild cleaner that leaves little behind.

Perhaps an Interior Detailer with no gloss/flat finish is a better thought.
          That is what I was trying to get at. I think it should have the look and smell (I really like the smell of QID) of QID, but be an interior detailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            You are correct. QID does contain a little UVA and UVB inhibitors, but it should not be counted on to be a direct replacement for a normal protectant.

True but there definitely is a place for a version of QID with more protection...and that place is right next to me when I am detailing interiors.
            Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

If this product were made, I'd definitely buy it by the gallon!

Comment

I'd definitely like to see a version of QID with more UV protection. Right now I'm using QID with 303 to get the UV protection. QID with the UV protection of 303 would be the ULTIMATE interior detailer/protectant.

C'mon Meguiar's...do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

If Meguiar's must keep the QID separate from a protectant, then why not make a no gloss, matte finish interior dash protectant.

Call it QIP - Quick Interior Protectant.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');