• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner wax and compatibility with polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner wax and compatibility with polish?

Hey,

I'm just taking a break from all the mosquitoes hanging around my car, and I thought I'd ask:

If I'm using Cleaner Wax on a vehicle, will it remove any polish I've applied underneath? I've read the threads on applying polish before wax, but I'm not sure if the Cleaner Wax is the same as the pure waxes.
    Gil A. Castillo

It depends on how porous the paint is. A brand new finish should be very impermeable, or non-porous. It should be very tight and not open with cracks and scratches, oxidation etc.

This being true, then everything you're applying is rather topical.

As paint gets older it becomes more open, or more permeable, in that it now has more scratches, pits, pores, cracks, fissure, interstices, etc.

Now you're able to push products into these areas and then seal over them with a wax, in this situation applying a wax won't completely remove any polish you previously applied.

In the big picture, cleaning, polishing and applying a protective coating of wax creates a clean, clear, protected finish that looks good to you eyes.

So the answer is "No", applying a cleaner wax in most cases won't completely remove a polish depending upon the condition of the finish.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info Mike!
      Gil A. Castillo

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');