• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tin foiling your engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tin foiling your engine

Never cover anything and never a problem, being doing it that way for a long time.

Comment

I cover the alt. and fuse box only using free grocery and produce bags. So far so good.
      I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
        We don't cover a thing and we never had a problem on any car from early 90s or newer.
        Same here. I dont do high volumes but Ive never had problems on our Jeeps.

Just dont spray the alternator directly.

I do not recommend trying to clean a engine that is hot or running. Warm is ok(recommended), but not hot.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

We don't cover a thing and we never had a problem on any car from early 90s or newer.
          Never cover anything and never a problem, being doing it that way for a long time.
          I agree, i don't cover anything but i also don't use a pressure washer or drench the whole engine bay. I use a hose with a little spray nozzle and use little water where needed and work section by section if that makes sense
          ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
          Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
          210-281-8151

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');