• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 Water Droplets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 Water Droplets

When applying M21 I get what appears to be water droplets coming out of suspension. These droplets, even if worked into the surface, leave spots as difficult to remove as water spots. I get this problem when the temperature is hot or cold and when the air is dry or humid.

I'm about to just throw out my half gallon of M21 if I can't resolve this problem. PLEASE HELP!

When you talk about the M21 leaving spots, is it product that doesn't want to wipe or is it an actual stain on the finish?

I did notice the droplets one time, but I thought it was just due to cooler than optimium surface temperature. I just went to the garage and there's no stain on the area where it happened.

My droplets showed when I hand applied on the crease of a front bumper cover that I couldn't reach by machine. How are you able to induce them?
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

I remember this was brought up sometime ago, i found this post on just what you are talking about: M21 Machine Application Issue

read down a little in the post.... Hope that helps!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

gb, good memory on that one

I'll bet the "sweating" came from my hand application i.e. too much pressure, pushing out too much product in that concentrated location.

Cummins, did that help you at all?
        See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

I am applying by hand, and more pressure makes the problem worse, but even light pressure results in some droplets. The droplets do not stain the paint, but they are very difficult to remove without using a great deal of pressure. Usually, I wait 24 hours than use a QD to remove.

I'll try appling with my PC next time, but I thought #21 was suitable for hand use.

Comment

YEA #21 is some really bad stuff - send me the half gallon, I will pay shipping.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I've experienced the sweating when applying by hand, but not by machine, but I've never had any marks left in the paint by the sweating?

I'll forward this to Mike Pennington and he can either chime in or escalate this to R&D
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I've got the same problem as the OP. I got the tiny droplets both with machine and hand application; though it is more apparent with hand application in the body creases where my PC can't "reach." It's easy enough to go over them lightly to re-integrate the moisture back into the surface but the ones that I miss took extra buffing to remove.

While I really like the appearance of 21, this issue is enough to keep me from using it in the future - ease of use just took a minor hit in my book.

Comment

I've seen this happen with M20. Shaking the product well and apply light pressure whilst applying evenly over the surface and this will decrease sweating.

If you are trying to remove the 'water spots', use Final Touch or QD and a high quality MF (which you should be using anyway).

PS, Use as little product as necessary and clean the pad regularly.
                  2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                  2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Re: M21 Water Droplets

Originally posted by 305Cummins View Post
                    When applying M21 I get what appears to be water droplets coming out of suspension.
                    Like most products, the container of #21 needs to be shaken before use. That will eliminate the problem.
                    FRANK CANNA
                    Mirror Finish Detailing
                    23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

well just got a bottle of 21 today too and i shook it up for over a minute and still had water droplets in the mixture!!! I think somethings wrong here!!
                      www.CustomDetailer.com

Comment

I get the droplets if I use a terry applicator by hand, nto sure why, I switched to a foam applicator by hand and M21 goes on much better and covers better too. I suspect the terry applciator is gunking up and is not as porous as the foam. I am not foam applicator all the way. i use M21 + polycharger

Comment

is the sweating issue still a problem in the 2.0 version of M21?
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');