• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about DC products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about DC products

I was wondering, what color should DC #1 and DC #2 be? I had a bottle of DC #1 and it was a brown color and didn't smell as good as the usual Meg's products, but I used it anyway not thinking about it. I went out today and bought a new bottle because I ran out of the old one and it was a fruity smelling white liquid. I guess the DC #1 I had was bad, but what about the DC #2, it is the same brown color, but still has the fruity smell to it. Did the formula/look of it change recently, or did I get bad products? Just as a note, the DC #1 didn't work nearly as well as the new one that I got that is white and smells good. Also, I cannot seem to apply DC #2 evenly, even when using an even coat applicator.

okay you DC1 should look like
    i have only used the old one and it doesn't smell that great but im pretty sure there both supposed to be brown even now.

I think that you may be talking about ScratchX because i do't think that DC1 is now white.. maybe some one with a newer bottle can tell you

and as for your DC2 try a foam applicator pad like High-Tech Applicator Pad, i have had no problems when appling DC2 with a foam pad... i hope this helps
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

No, the white stuff I picked up today is definately DC #1. I've used Scratch-X and that was white too, but this is definately white. Like I said, it seems to work better (I am also using it more correctly and with a better rag for removing oxidation so I don't think that has anything to do with the product itself), but it smells a lot better and is white. The label is a different style, but so were DC 2 and 3 at autozone. I checked, it is still the paint cleaner, and it says step 1 in a 3 step system, with Deep Crystal System written across the top. I checked again to make sure I wasn't going crazy and it is white and it does smell fruity (bananas maybe?). The other bottle smelled just a little like paint thinner, but I can't smell that in this bottle at all.

Comment

hmmm i have the old stuff but ill go pick up the "new" stuff tomorrow can anyone else confirm that DC1 is white?
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Here is the bottle:
          (Sorry it is sideways, I forgot to rotate it when I saved it)

And here is a little product on a white tissue:
          (Sorry about the picture quality, the batteries died and I couldn't find more to get a better shot)

Comment

Just wondering, does anyone else have an imput? Did the product change?

Comment

lol i guess that means that i have the ultra ultra old formulation you need someone else input
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');