• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who are mobile please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who are mobile please help.

I am just about done with setting up my trailer and have some questions. How do you guys clean out your mitts and rags? Do you have an outlet from the tank and just rinse them out? Do you guys use 2 buckets, one soap and one clean? What about working at office buildings, do you just go there and work or do you get the property managers permission? Ill have more soon, just got to think of them again. Thanks
    Elite Mobile Detailing

You should always get the ok from the property manager first especially if you plan to keep coming back. Sometimes you will really start off on th ewrong foot with what could be a great client base by p****** [Edited; 2hotford] the property manager off.

I have one hose coming out of the water tank to the pressure washer and another one for filling buckets, washing hands etc. I only use one bucket with a grit gard in the bottom.
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Originally posted by SqkyKln
      You should always get the ok from the property manager first especially if you plan to keep coming back. Sometimes you will really start off on th ewrong foot with what could be a great client base by pissing the property manager off.

I have one hose coming out of the water tank to the pressure washer and another one for filling buckets, washing hands etc. I only use one bucket with a grit gard in the bottom.
      Thanks

Do you have the customers get the permission for you or do you do it yourself? If you do it yourself how do you ge their info?

You have any pics of your setup, your truck looks pretty sweet from the background in some of your car pics.
      Elite Mobile Detailing

Comment

It depends if the customer is new or a one timer I have them get permission, if I wanted to setup there I would get the contact info from the customer or the building office...or just go in and see if you can setup an apointment with the property manager. If there is no property manager on site there will be a sign somewhere telling you how to contact someone. Smetimes the security guard will have the info, be cool to them they can be your best friend or worst enemy.

Thanks for the compliment on th etruck I dont really have any good pictures of it but I will try to take some.
        If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Thanks for your help. I am about 97% done with the trailer. Just need to fill the baskets with towels, and organize the bottles and get it lettered. I am going to use it tomorrow.

Elite Mobile Detailing

Comment

Very Cool! Certainly looks like you are ready to go!

BTW, how long is your extractor hose?

Good Luck!

Jim
            If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Very nice setup!
              -The Final Detail-
              Lagrange, Kentucky
              thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
              CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Awsome setup!! I have Three questions for you. How long is your trailer? Wouldyou give up the goods and tell us what all you have in there as equipment? Also do you do your buffing with a rotary at the customer or do you have a garage, if at the customer do you have a tent or us there garage and what about lignthing. Sorry thats kind of a loaded question. I'm just asking , because I'm thinking about starting my own business part-time instead of just a money making hobby. I just don't know about going mobile and buffing at the customer place. I like my garage and lighting, but would do everything else mobile.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');