• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

05 King Ranch Expedition Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 King Ranch Expedition Makeover

I had a large task this past weekend, in the form of an Expedition. This was by far the largest vehicle I have ever detailed, but I was determined to make it shine. When I first met with the customer she wanted me to "Throw on a coat of wax". As I began to educate the customer, she really understood that just a coat of wax wasn't going to make it perfect. After I explained my process, she was convinced she needed an Extreme Makeover.

By the end of our conversation she knew what she wanted.
    1. Remove swirls
    2. Remove scuffs and scratches
    3. And just to bring it back to a showroom shine.

My kind of customer!

As always customers bring me the vehicles in the dirtiest condition.

I washed the vehicle with GC Car Wash Shampoo
    I removed all the road tar with GC Bug & Tar Remover
    After inspecting the finish I proceeded to Clay
    I then use #80 on the entire vehicle
    Spot Treated with Scratch X
    I polished the finish with #7
    And waxed it with GC Wax

Here are the before and afters:

I first had to wash car to see what condition it was in. I'll never uderstand why someone pay's $55,000 for a vehicle, and drives it around like this:

After washing the vehicle, this is what I found

Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Before and afters:

Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Comment

Comment

And the Finished Shots:

Cant forget a shot of the tools

Start to finish about 7 hours... Enjoy

Comment

Nice work! You made a huge difference, I bet she really liked it.

So, tell me how tired you were when you were finished...

Comment

Magic, that's an amazing job !!

Did you use PlastX on the headlights?...they look simply awesome....and the wheel wells ?...what did you use there??
              Bill Poirier
              West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Excellent job Magic!!

Comment

looks like you did some magic on that expo...bet your legs were tired from going up and down that latter....ive done many expo, navies, and escalades by myself and i know how exhausting a big vehicle is ..but great job , bet she comes back to you again..
                  RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guy's.. She was really happy with the results. She stated that the vehicle never looked that good off the showroom floor, and she would see me again in 6 months.

Did you use PlastX on the headlights?...they look simply awesome....and the wheel wells ?...what did you use there??
                      Healights:
                      Washed with GC Car Wash
                      Plastic X on a 8006 (Yellow) pad
                      I used my PC on setting 4 *** Less then 5 minutes for both lights

The wheel wells:
                      Rinsed
                      Safe D-Greaser
                      Agitated with Brush
                      Rinsed
                      Sprayed with Hyper Dressing and walked away (Mixed 3:1)

Comment

That is a great improvement! Like the before and after of the scratches. Nice work, I agree spend lots of $$$ it should be cared for.

PS I have to get one of those Stanley "Meguiars Product and Accessory Organizer".
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: 05 King Ranch Expedition Makeover

Originally posted by Magic

I washed the vehicle with GC Car Wash Shampoo
                          I removed all the road tar with GC Bug & Tar Remover
                          After inspecting the finish I proceeded to Clay
                          I then use #80 on the entire vehicle
                          Spot Treated with Scratch X
                          I polished the finish with #7
                          And waxed it with GC Wax
                          Nice work!

I sometimes wonder about ScratchX prior to 80 or the other way around...
                          Black 2004 Ford F150 FX4

Comment

you say 7 hrs, did you touch the inside or engine?

Comment

Originally posted by steveo3002
                              you say 7 hrs, did you touch the inside or engine?
                              I didn't touch the engine. I offered that service and she declined.

As for the interior:

Quick Interior Detail on Dash, and Clean Door, and Instrument Panels
                              Vacuumed the entire vehicle, including the seats
                              Cleaned Interior Glass

I don't really offer interior services. I do as I described on all vehicles, and leave the upholstery alone. Most people have there interior filthy, and I just choose not to deal with it. It's just not my thing! I specialize in Paint, and leave the carpet stains, and shampoo service for someone else to deal with. It doesn't seem to bother my customers. This was a $350 job, and I just don't see spending another 2+ hours on the enterior and being able to charge too much more.

I do offer a Leather Treatment, but I tell my customers that the inside need to be cleaned out (just trash), or I won't do the service on it that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');