• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pollen break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pollen break?

Man, in the Tampa area we have pollen falling by the buckets. Do those of you without a garage or carport take a break for the month or so this stuff is raining down? Don't know how anyone could work on a horizontal surface.

E-Jag

Re: pollen break?

Originally posted by E-Jag
    Man, in the Tampa area we have pollen falling by the buckets. Do those of you without a garage or carport take a break for the month or so this stuff is raining down? Don't know how anyone could work on a horizontal surface.

E-Jag
    Ours isn't called "pollen" but it falls from the sky on a regular basis around here for months....we call it snow but some people have other four letter words for it
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

yeah I got it(pollen), got it all over my car and I might take a break because the cost of all the QD is breaking me I am currently QDing the car 3x a day and been through one and half bottles already but at least it looks good for 5 min.

Comment

Might be time ot try a Final Inspection or Last touch... might be a little cheaper in the long run.

Final Inspection

Last Touch Spray Detailer

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks for the suggestion that may be what I need to do-
          what are the differances if any between the two products?

Comment

I think Last Touch is cheaper.. Not really sure how they compare against each other. I think it just comes down to preference.

I think I read Last Touch takes a little practice to not get streaks. And use it on a cool surface.

Comment

Here's a little something:

Last Touch and Final Inspection

Comment

thanks murr1525, I looked online and yes last touch is a bit cheeper might be going that route

Comment

I'm out in Tampa right now visiting my parents (Largo actually) and I washed and waxed my car yesterday, and holy **** if it wasn't yellow this morning (its black normally).
                  Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Yeah, I've basically given up. I was spraying it off at the do-it-yourself carwash with the spotless rinse (only time I ever go there) but I'm not going to spend $2/day, $62/month to keep it looking good for 10 minutes. And that's just 1 car - I have 2. Just ain't a happening thing.

E-Jag

Comment

I know what ya mean too. I just try to keep it mostly clean of dirt and forget about the pollen. I cleaned someone elses car the other day and within about 3 minutes it already had a layer of yellow pollen on it.
                      Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                      Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                      2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Howdy boys and girls,
                        Story time…
                        I have a couple of different slants on the P-word [POLLEN] one is personal and the other is economic.
                        I started takin my daily dose of Claritin-D about 10 days ago because here in beautiful Roswell, Georgia [just outside of Atlanta] we have pollen that you can SEE floating in the air. This stuff is pine tree pollen which looks sort of a greenish/yellow combination and just will coat everything that is or is not moving! I have removed all the window and door screens on my triple wide trailer here and they are hanging from the ceiling in my basement shop. Only newbie’s to the area have screens on their houses and they use them also. You open that window and that screen does nothing to halt its intrusion into every space in your house. I went off course there. Anyway I am allergic to leaf mold and we have lots and lots of trees here in Georgia which produces an unbelievable amount of pollen but you can’t see this stuff. Claritin-D keeps a bunch of us people from sneezing until the end of November as we do have a long leaf season. Here I do not like pollen.
                        Here I like pollen. This is why I anticipate spring and the start of pollen season – oh it’s already looking to be a record breaker this year. Pine pollen season lasts about 6 weeks or so here and this is when the weather is changing and people notice their dashboards loading up on the menacing greenish stuff. Rolling down the windows and putting the top down really accelerates this acclimating process, you just gotta love it from my perspective. I specialize in convertibles but I do regular vehicles and bikes so now it’s getting time to put on the shorts, Hawaiian shirts, sun stuff, my hat, nitrile gloves and away we go. None of the pollen really seems to “hurt” the finishes inside or outside of the vehicles but it does a mighty fine job of creating opportunities for me to make some new friends and money.
                        If I am not allowed to tell stories or tall tales within this forum please let know because I enjoy creating something from everyday occurrences. Humorous if possible.
                        Coach
                        The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');