• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polisher Help Needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polisher Help Needed?

Please help

I'm will be unable to use the G-100 Polisher here in South Africa, due to it been 110v and we use 220v, can anyone recommend any other polisher that works well, (similiar to the G-100)l number as well?

Tx
    Rowen

I know this is an issue around the world and some people deal with it by using power converters. To date we've seen a lot of talk about other types of machines that do similar things, but nothing that works exactly like the G100 Dual Action Polisher.

There is the Makita BO6040 and it's close in power, but from my own experience it doesn't work as good.

Let's see if others chime in with their suggestions and we have another forum member from South Africa that may also have some suggestions, I'll e-mail him the link to this thread and ask him to chime in.

Hang tight...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the email Mike

Hello Rowan

Unfortunately here you either have to buy something cheap or something expensive

But if you buy the expensive one it should last just about forever.

Powerconverters are pretty difficult to find here and then you have the difficulties of importing a G-100 and the hassels of customs and then having no technical support if something breaks.

You get the cheap big buffers from places like Makro , but hese burn out after a few uses and really only help you spread on the products.

Then you get the Makita BO6040 ,which is what I got .
      Its a Industrial machine, and is built very strong, and will last a very long time, even if used all the time. Its supplied buy and backed up by Makita SA. I had to order it, but it only took a day to come from the Makita Warehouse

Only thing is its about R3,000 ( $485 ), but is worth the investment to me.
      (EDIT: price may have come down since i bought mine almost 2 years ago)

Do a search on it in Google and you will find a lot of info on it

Meguiars SA can supply you with all the products, foam applicators and the backing plate for the applicators for the Makita

Where in SA are you ?

Comment

Hi glossy,

Wow! That was fast! I just sent you that e-mail a few minutes ago! The power of the Internet....

Thanks for chiming in, I thought I remembered that you went with the Makita BO6040 as pictured here,

Again, thanks for chiming in and I'm sure Rowen will have some more questions...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

Tx

Comment

Hi Glossy

Thats for the reply

You get the cheap big buffers from places like Makro , but hese burn out after a few uses and really only help you spread on the products.
            That's exactly the problem, I would prefer Makita, thank you so much form your input, Im in Johannesburg and yourself?

Are you a professional detailer?
            How do find the support of Meguiars SA?

I have tons of questions , please drop me a mail @ reflections@ananzi.co.za

Comment

No, not a professional, just love my cars and like to look after families cars.

Meguiars SA has been very helpfull everytime i contacted them, and I see they even now have a office up here in Johannebsurg aswell.

Ill drop you a mail

Comment

Great ,

Comment

Did you get my mail ?

I havent recieved any reply yet

Comment

not yet, can't get into the ananzi website

Comment

Mike,

You have any experince with the Makita?

Comment

You can ask some questions on here

Comment

Here's some helpful links to our Meguiar's South African Website...

Meguiar's South African Website Hopepage

Contact Information Page
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by glossy
                            You can ask some questions on here

Simply type or copy and paste this into the search page and you'll pull up a number of threads that discuss this tool.

BO6040

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/search.php?s=

You'll get links to threads like this one posted on March 26th of 2004, shortly after we brought this forum up.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=439
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');