• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More car audio help... any amp suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More car audio help... any amp suggestions?

Another car audio question.... Having just installed my new Infinity Components and my sub I have discovered is the amp powering my sub is starting to take a ****. What I would like to do is power my sub and two front channels with one amp for space reasons. Its been 5-6 years since I have purchased an amp so I am not to sure what is out there or if it can be done. I don't want to spend a lot, can I sneak into one for $200-250? I don't want the best and I don't want something to just get by, something in the middle. Right now I have 2 MTX Thunders and they have worked great for me. Any help would be great!

EDIT: I want to power my Infinity Kappa Components and a 8" sub right now but I might move up to a larger sub so room to grow would be great!
    Last edited by gb387; May 13, 2004, 03:07 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I'm not sure if you have a brand preference in mind, but you can use a single 4 channel amp and bridge two of the connections for the sub. Depending on what you listen to 400 watts is more than ample. I prefer kicker, but not sure if one of their amps would fit in that 200-250 dollar range. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

go class D man...
      heres where ya wanna go bro....meet the mike phillips of the car audio world.....Richard Clark......
      i think his car had like 650 STRAIGHT wins in a row and was undefeated for the world title in i forget how many years....lots of pros hang out here....a real legend...

actually dan wiggins would be a closer comparison.....he visits on the carsound board too...and has his own forum also......
      Adire Audio - The original XBL^2 subwoofer manufacturer! The dream of creating the best XBL^2 transducers is still alive!

big science here....no voodoo.....
      Last edited by majik1; May 14, 2004, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');