• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some #26 picts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some #26 picts

Ok, so here are some pictures with #26. Prep was MPPC and #7.

I think #26 is a very solid wax. It is deep and dark. It is also very easy to apply and buff off. It smells nice and is easy to find locally for not a lot of money. However, the reflections are a bit clouded. I am finding I much prefer #16 when I want a carnauba wax. But #26 is certainly one to keep in the toolbox.
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Hey nice work! I really like # 26 as well something to keep around. Very user friendly and good results.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Aurora,

Nice pics, the Aurora looks great. I have been using the #7 and #26 combo for years on my Mustang. Not sure about the cloudy comment as that has never been my experience. It is not as reflective as other products but, for me the warm wet glow is what I really like about #26.

Here are a couple of my clouded pics

Meguiars #7, #26

Meguiars #7, #26
      Last edited by rjstaaf; Feb 15, 2004, 05:55 AM.
      Bob
      2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
      Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

I find it interesting that when people here discuss nuances between (essentially equal) products, their conclusions are the same. I agree that #16 is shinier, #26 wetter. I prefer the wet look, but we're both seeing the same things.

That car looks excellent. I love that dark red metallic; is that color Mahogany Mist?

Tom
        As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

rjstaaf, when I was using #7 followed by #26, I always noticed this. The #7 would leave a nice glossy shine with crisp reflections (probably because it's really oily). Then when I would go over it with #26, the reflections lost a lot of sharpness. They became noticeably softer.

There's also the fact that some of that reflection is coming from the #7. While the #26 may go 2 months, the #7 look will be gone in about a week in my experience. But I do like #26 and there's no denying it looks good.

Mosca, I also love metallic reds, especially darker reds. The color is Cherry Metallic. I'm not sure if they were thinking of cherry wood red, or of the dark red that actual (as opposed to marischino) cherries have...

Comment

The results look good but would you guys recommend #7 as a good Deep Crystal #2 replacement polish?
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
              The results look good but would you guys recommend #7 as a good Deep Crystal #2 replacement polish?
              From everything I've heard, you might like Hand Polish better than #7. It is supposed to be easier to apply, and it's more economical.

I just use Swirl Free Polish as my last glaze step, though. I find glazes have such temporary results that I don't really bother with them. My car is not a show car, and I want it to look good and be protected for a month or more at a time. A glaze really doesn't work towards that goal. Just my opinion, though.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');