• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Detailing

After a long winter in the North East, my truck REALLLLLLY needs to be detailed since it is a dark color. For the past couple of years I have been using the scratchX for a few of the heavier swirl marks, otherwise i start with DC #1 cleaner, then #2 polish, then putting on 1 or 2 coats of #16. Interior I had been using some of the old Vinyl and Rubber protectant. I am looking ot change it up this year. Something I am going to try differently this year is the clay bar. Is this a good idean and can it be used on polished aluminum surfaces? I have a lot of bonded contaminants on my side steps and on the lower 1/4 of the truck. Any suggestions on a new cleaner/polish/protect system i should be using? I have tried replacing #16 with nxt tech wax (2 coats) and was disappointed because after 2 weeks it needed another coat of wax. any recommendations would be awesome. thanks

Dark color daily driver-try MEGS cleaner wax & MEGS Gold Class Wax since NXT wasn't to your liking. MEGS interior detailer & carpet cleaner should do the trick. Try MEGS endurance gel on your tires or Megs insane tire shine. NXT glasscleaner will let you see the results of your work as you drive. Have fun & enjoy the view.
    Death Before Dishonor

Comment

I have used the endurance and love it... will never switch to another tire dressing. thanks for your input

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');