• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topping ColorX -- carnauba or sealant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping ColorX -- carnauba or sealant?

Guys,

In an old post about ColorX, Mike stated that ColorX contained both polymers and carnauba wax. If it is carnauba that gives the "pop" that many of us want on our dark colored vehicles, wouldn't it make more sense to use #16 or #26 for a second applcation rather than NXT?

I just applied ColorX on my black Hemi using a pc. Because we are in the middle of a snow storm, I might apply a second coat of "something" tomorrow. I have them all except for #21 -- # 16, #26, NXT and even S100.

But then again I may just see how durable ColorX really is and watch basketball instead.

Tom

on my own car i top ColourX with Gold Class because its my prefered wax, but on there peoples cars I top ColourX with NXT. you don't have to top it with anything but it may have more protection and a better look if you do
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Hi Tom,

I would top the ColorX with either #21 or #26 on your black Hemi. That is just my personal choice.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

"But then again I may just see how durable ColorX really is and watch basketball instead. "

Or get a 50" HD flat screen for the wall in your garage and do both!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');