• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Idea...Bad Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Idea...Bad Idea?

My car is on jack stands right now. I can't move it outside to wash and have a dilema. I have just received my #83 and #80 and should have my #21 on the 23rd.
    My car was washed somewhat before I parked it. It is SLIGHTLY dirty/dusty and has a few water spots. Can I go over the whole car with a quick detailer like the NXT and begin my 3 step or should I wait until I can get the car outside to wash with the hose,soap and water? Plus, since I don't have my #21 yet, is it okay to leave the car in the garage for about 5 days without any sealant? #83 then #80 and then wait till I get my #21.
    "I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
    Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
    www.mcmmotorsports.com

Well, I might be a little more worried about pushing on a car on jack stands.

But if it is just dust from the garage, you might be ok with QD. Do a test area, and see if you can lift it off with a light touch. If you really have to wipe and push, etc to get the dirt off, it might be better to wash.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I guess it depends how dirty “SLIGHTLY dirty/dusty” is and how much gunk accumulated from “somewhat before”.

As long as it’s just dust, there isn’t any discernable grit and any film that’s there dissolves easily with QD it’s probably OK. (Especially since you’re about to use #83 and #80. I presume you’re claying too.)

Some cars go years without being waxed. A few days inside a garage is fine. You’ll probably have to QD again. Dust collects pretty fast.

PC.

Comment

Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
          I guess it depends how dirty “SLIGHTLY dirty/dusty” is and how much gunk accumulated from “somewhat before”.

As long as it’s just dust, there isn’t any discernable grit and any film that’s there dissolves easily with QD it’s probably OK. (Especially since you’re about to use #83 and #80. I presume you’re claying too.)

Some cars go years without being waxed. A few days inside a garage is fine. You’ll probably have to QD again. Dust collects pretty fast.

PC.
          I agree with PC.

It depends on the type of "dust" that is now on the paint. Was there any type of metal grinding going on in the garage? The possibility that someone may have spray painted something in the garage?

If the answer is no to the above, and it is only light dust, then a QD and a light touch should work just fine!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks guys, I was just looking for something to do today. I had already clayed the car about 3 weeks ago and applied a "competitors" product that had results that were, lets just say, less than impressive. There had been no grinding or spraying in my garage at all, so I am sure it just regular dust. I might just try a spot on my 1/4 panel to see what happens. Thanks for the input.
            "I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
            Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
            www.mcmmotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');