• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My personal favorite interior cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal favorite interior cleaner

I picked this tip up a few years ago on autopia and to this day, I swear by it.
    For cleaning plastic, rubber, and vinyl components inside or a car or truck..or w/e, use Murphy's Oil Soap.

I usually only use about a 1/4 cup or a little more dilluted in a bucket of hot water.
    The results are amazing...
    I smoked in my 2005 Scion tC for a year straight. I cleaned the interior out about twice a month and whenever I would do a once over with the hot water and oil soap, the surfaces looked OEM new and smelled new.
    Im not into the shine look that people slap on the interior. I prefer my interior to look how it looked when I got it brand new...clean, not greasy looking.

This stuff KILLS most odors...including my heavy smoking.
    For convenience, would also recommend a few table spoons in a spray bottle of hot water. Just spray it on and then wipe down with a good sponge.

Steer clear of those chrome looking plastic pieces...the oil soap will streak it and youll have to wipe it off again.

I just found a bottle of that in my basement and it says its for cleaning wood???

and plus i think it offers no UV protection

so i think i will stick with QID and Natural Shine for now

lol the smell of that stuff is kind of weird but not in a bad way, its like nothing i have ever smelled
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
      I just found a bottle of that in my basement and it says its for cleaning wood???

and plus i think it offers no UV protection

so i think i will stick with QID and Natural Shine for now

lol the smell of that stuff is kind of weird but not in a bad way, its like nothing i have ever smelled
      It's an all purpose cleaner.
      Not Just For Wood

Overwhelmed by all those cleaning products at the store? One household cleaner — Murphy® Oil Soap — gently and thoroughly cleans most household surfaces, saving you time and money.

Murphy's® in the Kitchen

Vacuum your floors and dust your furniture daily. Gritty dust can scratch wood surfaces.
      Safely cleans inside the refrigerator without harming the enamel.
      Cleans the kitchen floor (tile, linoleum/vinyl, or wood!), cabinets, cupboards, countertops, and even the kitchen sink.

Murphy's in the Bathroom

Easily removes dust and build-up on countertops and fixtures.
      Safely cleans painted surfaces.
      Cleans walls and doors around light switches and doorknobs.
      Cleans the sink, tub and floors. It's safe to use on enameled surfaces, modern acrylic, and fiberglass.

Murphy's in the Nursery

Safely and gently cleans cribs, highchairs, playpens, toys, vinyl mattresses, and mats. It leaves no harmful residue behind -- only its fresh smell.
      Clean walls and painted furniture.

Murphy's in the Laundry

Makes a great pre-spotter, especially on organic stains like grass, blood, and soil. Just apply Murphy's directly to the stain, rub into the fabric, and wash as usual.
      Cuts through grease, lipstick, and ink on fabrics. For tough stains, spritz Murphy Oil Soap Spray on the spot and let soak for a few hours.

Murphy's Outdoors

Removes dirt and mildew on outdoor furniture.
      Safely cleans plastic and wicker.
      Safely cleans plastic and wicker.

Comment

hmm interesting
        my try it out on someone elses car
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Before I used Meguiars Interior Detailer, I used Murphy Oil Soap in a spray bottle. Murphy leaves a more natural look just like interior detailer. I dont like shinny vinyl when it didnt come that way.

Comment

same
            thats why you can use natural shine with QID
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Meguiars Interior Detailer is realy good, I also like 303 Aerospace Protectant, not too shinny and easy wipe off.

Comment

I used Murphys on the interior of my Jimmy (leather seats) and ti did OKAY. I used the Gold Glass Wipes and removed much, much more dirt and grime....
                Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

I use a lot of murphys oil up at the car dealership I do work at. Its a great for a low cost, but sometimes smoke leaves more then it can handle. Thats when I get out redhot interior cleaner or meguiars interior cleaner.

The good thing about murphys is the size you can make. When we do big details like f-350's with rubber floors I will use murphys oil just because I can make a 5 gallon wash bucket and scrub everything.

Comment

im using NTX Tech Protect
                    and i dont smoke, and not letting anyone smoke...so its stay very clean and looks good for a while and dont need use anything else
                    2003 Mercedes-Benz E500 Elegance

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');