• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Motorcycle Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Motorcycle Line?

My grand idea.....

is a line for Motorcycle applications.

Rim Cleaner- Motorcycle back wheels get sprayed with chain lube. Most regular spray cleaners will not cut through the black grease. Also, I have never seen a rim cleaner that is "O-ring" safe. Motorcycle chains use sealed O-rings, which require special cleaning solutions, and since the chain runs along the tire, I refuse to spray my wheels with anything that I know is not safe for my chain.

Chain Cleaner- speaking of which, most chain manufacterors recommend cleaning sealed O-ring chains every 200-250 miles. The recommend method is kerosene and water, but that makes a mess on everything around it.

Chain Lube- Perhaps link up with a popular chain lube company and recommend their products after the chain is clean.

Bike Wax- maybe repackage the NTX wax in a motorcycle like package and offer it up as a type of NTX motowax.

Bike owners are some of the biggest DYI people on the market. We all love to take care of our toys, yet very few compaines cater specifically to this market.

Also, a windshield polish and face helmet polish would go huge ways.

Thanks
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Thanks TH0001 for your suggestions, I can assure this forum and the suggestions posted herein are read.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Meguiars Motorcycle Line?

Originally posted by TH0001
      My grand idea.....

is a line for Motorcycle applications.

Rim Cleaner- Motorcycle back wheels get sprayed with chain lube. Most regular spray cleaners will not cut through the black grease. Also, I have never seen a rim cleaner that is "O-ring" safe. Motorcycle chains use sealed O-rings, which require special cleaning solutions, and since the chain runs along the tire, I refuse to spray my wheels with anything that I know is not safe for my chain.

Chain Cleaner- speaking of which, most chain manufacterors recommend cleaning sealed O-ring chains every 200-250 miles. The recommend method is kerosene and water, but that makes a mess on everything around it.

Chain Lube- Perhaps link up with a popular chain lube company and recommend their products after the chain is clean.

Bike Wax- maybe repackage the NTX wax in a motorcycle like package and offer it up as a type of NTX motowax.

Bike owners are some of the biggest DYI people on the market. We all love to take care of our toys, yet very few compaines cater specifically to this market.

Also, a windshield polish and face helmet polish would go huge ways.

Thanks
      Rides 1967 mustang fastback 429 4 speed
      1999 Dodge Dakota 5.2
      2002 Honda GL1800
      2011 Honda Pilot
      2013 Honda Civic

Comment

Here, here.....where you have finished designing the products I will be one of your guinea pigs...

Trev

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');