• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to remove your cleaners/polishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to remove your cleaners/polishes?

I was just sitting here wondering what other folks tend to go for when removing a cleaner, polish, or cleaner/polish or pure polish.

Myself, I tend to reach for a Ultra Plush Super Terry as it has more nap and seems to do the job well for me.

Ultra Plush Super Terry

I have seen others go for an Ultimate Wipe (Discontinued) and also the Supreme Shine Microfiber

Supreme Shine Microfiber

Ultra Plush Super Terry
    7.43%
    Supreme Shine Microfiber
    38.51%
    Ultimate Wipe
    10.81%
    MF from another supplier
    39.86%
    Terry from another supplier
    3.38%
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Sams club micro fibers for me.

We go through so many I buy the cheapy but "good" ones.

I do have a small bunch of Meguiar micro fibers when the Sams ones fail to perform as needed.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Mike had put out a post a few weeks ago I think about some bulk products due in the line up. I have my fingers crossed that they will put out the Supreme Shine MF in Bulk. I find myslef reaching for those more and more for various purposes.
      Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Mostly I also use the Microfibers from Sams, the price is right and they are decent towels. I also have some Ultimate wipes I bought from the Katrina relief on Ebay, I use them for removing the LSP usually.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed
          Mostly I also use the Microfibers from Sams, the price is right and they are decent towels. I also have some Ultimate wipes I bought from the Katrina relief on Ebay, I use them for removing the LSP usually.

Tom

That is exactly my story as well.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Ultimate wipes....wish they would not have stopped making them. Glad I got a few cases before they run out
            http://iceburgh66.tripod.com/sig6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
              Sams club micro fibers for me.
              Joe,
              the ones you get from Sam's, are they white or yellow?
              those are mircofiber towels, not terry towels.
              are they pretty much the same as the ones you find at Costco?

I guess if they didn't do a good job, you would have stopped using it.
              thanks.

Comment

the sams club microfibers are called, "hometex" and are blue in color. i would like to add that these are pretty nice also, and i use them regularly without any probs.

Comment

I use a kind of MF from Autozone, they are plush enough to not mar a soft finish, but they are stiff enough to have some nap to em.

I find the Meg's MF's to be a little too mushy for my taste, they work great on windows though!

Comment

I use MF's I get from Advance-a three pack, one yellow one blue one green in each pack. I usually use them for a year on the paint, then downgrade them to tires or house rags. Seems if you wash them enough they wear down a bit...

Comment

What are the differences between the Ultimate Wipe and the newer Supreme Shine microfibers? I've noticed that alot of people seem prefer the Ultimate Wipe.

Comment

I'll be honest - I use the Costco MFs. It's like $9 for 16 of them. I use the Meg's MFs (Supreme Shine) when (like Superior Shine) the cheaper ones don't do their job. Most of the cars I detail are customer cars, when it's time for mine I mainly use Megs. I really like the Meg's Glass MF - thats excellent.
                        2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by iceburgh
                          Ultimate wipes....wish they would not have stopped making them. Glad I got a few cases before they run out
                          SRT-10 Silver

Comment

I have been to a couple of detailing 101 classes that Mike gives on Saturdays and have been given the Supreme Shine microfiber towels in the goodie bags.

They are so nice that I would never use them and would always use the blue ones from Sam's Club.

3 months ago I bought my Vette and now all I use on it are the Supreme Shine microfiber towels. The blue ones are now used for the interior, glass and rims.

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut
                              the sams club microfibers are called, "hometex" and are blue in color. i would like to add that these are pretty nice also, and i use them regularly without any probs.
                              I bought the yellow ones two years ago and they were not a good as the blue ones. The blues ones came in a 25 pack and just say Detailer Best on them. They are really soft and work well in wax removal and such. The only thing I do not like is the size, only 16in by 16in. so you need about 3 to dry a car. But for about $13 for 25, it's a sweet deal (at Sam's Club).
                              "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');