• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to remove your cleaners/polishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like that low nap on the Ultimates. The Supremes have their place, usually QD, but I love the Ultimates just as much.

I'm not so sold on the super cheap mfs. They don't hold up too well to repeated washings. I've had some good towels for almost 4 years. But I agree that they work ok.
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca

I'm not so sold on the super cheap mfs. They don't hold up too well to repeated washings. I've had some good towels for almost 4 years. But I agree that they work ok.
      I do have to agree also. I bought some cheap yellow ones and they have been through the wash several times and aren't what they were straight out of the package. Plus they had the tags on them that I ripped off and the edge is raveling. Like the old saying goes........You get what you paid for sometimes. I'll have to check Wal-Mart for the Even Coat Apps. Thanks
      "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

I always cut the edges off my MF towels, as I was always told that the stiching could cause swirls. Is that a myth, am I alone in cutting the edge / stiching off my MF towels?
        Troy - TSR6

Comment

Originally posted by TSR6
          I always cut the edges off my MF towels, as I was always told that the stiching could cause swirls. Is that a myth, am I alone in cutting the edge / stiching off my MF towels?
          You're not alone, but that's why Meguiars wrapes their towels in satin, to prevent any marring/scratching...

Comment

Good... Guess I see a new mail order in the works here soon!
            Troy - TSR6

Comment

I can second that. I use some Meguiars MF to remove dust around the house.

I do own some other MF towels but I think their quality doesn't match up to those of Meg's.

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
              Mike had put out a post a few weeks ago I think about some bulk products due in the line up. I have my fingers crossed that they will put out the Supreme Shine MF in Bulk. I find myslef reaching for those more and more for various purposes.
              showroomglaze.net

Comment

Over here in Malaysia, we still can buy Ultimate Wipe. Recently, at the KLIMS 2006 auto show ( zey's thread : http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...threadid=13582 ) I managed to check out the Smooth Surface Clay kit. The Supreme Shine MF that came with the kit was so soft! I've been told by the Hypercoat staffs ( local MG distributor ) that these new Supreme Shine MF wipes better than UW, but fails when it comes to drying. They also told me that soon, UW will be discontinued for my local region and SS will be replacing it. I would love to buy more UW ( they work well! ), but the steep prices here ( around RM 30.00 a piece, or USD 13.00++!!! ) stops me from doing so. I'm hoping that the new SS would perform better than UW!
                yep, so little posts, 'cause you guys have have made it easier for me, thanks!

Comment

This may be off topic, but how often do you guys wash your towels? in particular the microfiber towels? I just got some meguiars supreme shine microfiber towels and i've been using them to take off the wax/polsih/qd, pretty much weekly.

If I don't wash them for a long time will they end up scratching the paint?

thanks

Comment

I wash all of my Microfibers together and alone from any other towles that are not microfibers due to the possibility of linting. I throw them in the washer with Tide on the hot water cycle and also use a little bit of Oxy clean with it. When the rinse cycle starts I add a cup of white vinegar and hang them out to dry. No fabric softener. They come out pretty clean...

Tom

Comment

jeff.... missing in action again?

Comment

The SS MF certainly does seem to have a better "bite" for wiping/buffing off. I find it takes less effort to remove polishes with the SS. As poyo mentioned, UW does a better job for drying.
                        I've also used it to clean spectacle lenses and camera lens, excellent stuff.
                        Just placed an order for another case, cant wait
                        Last edited by sherwin; Jun 28, 2006, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Re: What do you use to remove your cleaners/polishes?

Originally posted by cleanbrain View Post
                          If I don't wash them for a long time will they end up scratching the paint?
                          I guess it's possible if debris and residue were to harden over time and fail to wash out of the microfiber when the towels were finally washed.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');