• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you paying for gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry about the quality, but you get the point.

2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

Price jumped $.50 overnight here (deep South Tx)....from $2.49 to $2.99 for regular.

Comment

$2.81 for regular at arco, $3.09 for regular at chevron

Comment

Are we going to hit $4 a gallon?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

calgary has some places whos prices are so high the board is just blank :p
            its about $1 a leter u convert it into galons
            unfortionatly my 300zx needs premium cause i put in a new twin turbo
            $1.36 per/l
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

On my way to work all the gas stations were 2.79, 2.89, 2.99
              At about 10a they were up to 3.03, 3.13, 3.23
              at 5p they were up to 3.69, 3.79,3.89

I had to fill up my truck at 3.69.. 155.00 for 42 gallons!! Talk about needing lube!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Paramedic
                On my way to work all the gas stations were 2.79, 2.89, 2.99
                At about 10a they were up to 3.03, 3.13, 3.23
                at 5p they were up to 3.69, 3.79,3.89

I had to fill up my truck at 3.69.. 155.00 for 42 gallons!! Talk about needing lube!

Nick
                That's horrible!!

But I saw one that topped them all today. $6.00 plus a gallon in Atlanta!!!
                r. b.

Comment

holy freakin crud! how did it ever get that high out in atlanta? the highest i've seen out here is 3.26 for regular

Comment

Originally posted by 89sv21
                    holy freakin ****! how did it ever get that high out in atlanta? the highest i've seen out here is 3.26 for regular
                    I saw it on the CBS News. Must have been a case of price gouging or something (It was a BP station).

Also, I heard on the local news in Charlotte today that the gasoline supply lines to the tank farms there have dried up due to lack of electricity in the Gulf area to operate the pumps with.

I went out looking for a gas station a little later on, and there were lines everywhere.

I did manage to fill up around 10:00pm though.
                    Last edited by rusty bumper; Aug 31, 2005, 08:28 PM.
                    r. b.

Comment

• Originally posted by sneek
                      calgary has some places whos prices are so high the board is just blank :p
                      its about $1 a leter u convert it into galons
                      unfortionatly my 300zx needs premium cause i put in a new twin turbo
                      $1.36 per/l
                      I understand. Many of the gas stations here have signs that do not have a slot for a fourth number! In Eastern Canada, gas prices are around $1.32/Litre!!! That's crazy!

Also, from reading your threads, you may be typing too fast to realize the spelling errors. But it does make it difficult to read. Here is a free spell checker that works like a charm!

Free Spell Checker for Internet Explorer!

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

• you know how i posted 2.21 or 2.59 for regular unleaded a while ago? It just paid 3.16 tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by F-150
                          you know how i posted 2.21 or 2.59 for regular unleaded a while ago? It just paid 3.16 tonight.
                          I don't understand why this is not considered price gouging?

I'm sure the oil company(s) didn't pay the just updated price for it.

No wonder big oil is awash in profits.
                          r. b.

Comment

• Phoenix is up to $2.99 for unleaded today. The reason the price went up so quickly is because our gulf refinery capacity has gone offline because of the hurricane, it really doesn't have much to do with crude oil prices, or at least not todays price increase.

For those of you who have Diesels you might want to check and see if anywhere near you sells biodiesel (vegtable oil based diesel). There is a place near me that sells 100% agri soy biodiesel (not the reclaimed waste vegtable oil) for $2.85 a gallon right now, which is cheaper than diesel. If your vehicle was built on this side of the 90's you can run it with no modifications, the only compatibility problem with it is on older cars with rubber fuel lines and seals. And as an added benefit it makes the exhaust smell a lot like a McDonalds fryer.

And for those of you lucky enough in the mid east that has an E85 (85% ethanol, 15% gasoline) infrastructure, last I heard that was in the sub $2 range, and there are literally tens (or hundreds?) of thousands of flexi fuel ready vehicles on the road already.
                            Last edited by Rick; Aug 31, 2005, 09:25 PM.
                            Later,
                            Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                            Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick
                              And for those of you lucky enough in the mid east that has an E85 (85% ethanol, 15% gasoline) infrastructure, last I heard that was in the sub $2 range, and there are literally tens (or hundreds?) of thousands of flexi fuel ready vehicles on the road already.
                              South Carolina has been selling it of late, but I'm somewhat afraid of running it in my vehicles just yet.

It would also be a bit of a drive just to get to it.
                              r. b.

Comment

• Yesterday morning it was $2.49 for 87 octane, a few hours later it was $3.09

Again, Thank God I have a 4-cylinder...32-34 mpg is definately a blessing.
                                Don
                                12/27/2015
                                "Darth Camaro"
                                2013 Camaro ... triple black
                                323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');