• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bad swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad swirls

I need some help. I bought a 2004 mitsubishi lancer and the paint is swirled, badly. It is because the dealership has and old fashion carwash, the kind with brushes. I am not going to pay for a profesional detail because I don't have the money nor do I have any training with a buffer, I am going to do all of this by hand. I know I won't get all of the swirls out. I am just looking for some improvement. I have been reading the site, I came up with a plan to help improve the paint. Tell me if my plan of action is wrong.
    1. Wash
    2. claybar
    3. scratch x
    4. deep crystal polish
    5. nxt or gold class wax.
    I am on a budget of 100 bucks or less. I don't want to skimp on quality but I have to save some money also since I decided to get rid of my cheap rent and buy a house. Tell me in your opinion am I missing something or am I doing to much. Thanks.

Hey javastan

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Your outlined plan looks good. It will take some work to remove the swirls by hand, so be prepared for some hard work!

Also make sure that you use different applicators for each step, and use MF Towels or 100% cotton towels for product removal.

Finally, here are a couple of links to read through before you get started. They will help you with understanding of how to use ScratchX properly in order to get the most from it:

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

Circles or Straight Lines?

How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test

Good luck and take some before and after photos!!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I will take some photos, before my son's baptism we bought a 7.1 megapixel sony camera, I should get some good quality pics with that. Thanks for putting those links up.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');