• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Assistance

Just purchased a black Ford 2004 Sport Track which has all the bells and whistles. The dealer detailed the vehicle with product from "A Touch of Class".

The truck is beautiful and has a shine like glass. They told me the paint is sealed and I should not wax it.

If that is the case what is the procedure to maintain this condition?

I have a love bug problem in the last couple of days and would like information on what product I should use to remove them and not harm the sealer on the paint.

Have no real experience detailing but have the time and ambition to work on it.

A list of products to purchase and the sequence of application would be appreciated. The numbers everyone use are completely useless to me. I need names?

I have read a considerable amount of posts here and am impressed with the helpful answers given and the great friendly atmosphere.

I signed into several other detailing sites and no one answers the posts probably because they are detailers and a DIY guy does not make them any money!

Thanks again for the taking the time to view this and especially for any informative help!

Regards Robert

Re: Seeking Assistance

Originally posted by Pathfinder
    Just purchased a black Ford 2004 Sport Track which has all the bells and whistles. The dealer detailed the vehicle with product from "A Touch of Class".

The truck is beautiful and has a shine like glass. They told me the paint is sealed and I should not wax it.

If that is the case what is the procedure to maintain this condition?

I have a love bug problem in the last couple of days and would like information on what product I should use to remove them and not harm the sealer on the paint.

Have no real experience detailing but have the time and ambition to work on it.

A list of products to purchase and the sequence of application would be appreciated. The numbers everyone use are completely useless to me. I need names?

I have read a considerable amount of posts here and am impressed with the helpful answers given and the great friendly atmosphere.

I signed into several other detailing sites and no one answers the posts probably because they are detailers and a DIY guy does not make them any money!

Thanks again for the taking the time to view this and especially for any informative help!

Regards Robert
    Hi Robert.....Welcome to MOL!

I'm not familiar with the product that you described, but outside of washing regularly with one of Meguiar's car wash shampoos, I can only suggest that you use a QD type of product to help remove bugs and other contaminates.

Such as:

Final Inspection

or, Quik Detailer

There is another product called Final Detail, but I could not find a link to this product...I think it is being replaced with another formula.

Some time down the road, I'm sure you will have to use a wax for protection though...If it were my truck, I would use a wax anyway, but I'm just not familiar with the sealant you described to recommend waxing at this time.

Maybe some of the others will help out here.
    r. b.

Comment

you may just want to get a bug sponge, they work really well, and you can do it when you wash.

Comment

Following up on RB's good advice, I'd layer a pure wax like the Meguiar's #16 over any polymer coating if you're inclined to wax your truck. This would give added depth to the finish and more protection. You don't want to use a product that will remove the polymer so stay away from any products that have abrasives or cleaner-waxes.

I also think Final Inspection or Quik Detailer would be a good maintenance product for removing bird poop and bugs. You may also want some clay for the bugs. Meguiar's Quik Clay system comes with clay and Quik Detailer for the lubricant in an inexpensive package.

Bugs seem to remove better when well soaked with water. Use the hose to blast the bugs away. Re hose the area several times to see if most of the bug can be removed without rubbing. Use clay with Quik Detailer to remove any residue.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Thanks folks. Appreciate the information. I have listed the products mentioned and will acquire them today if available locally.
          Have never used clay but will research. Will the clay breakdown the sealer?

Again thanks Regards, Robert

Comment

Realised I could order on line.

Your Current Meguiar's Shopping Cart Contents
            SKU Item and Size Unit Price Quantity Total Price
            remove G-10810 Gold Class Trim Detailer 10 oz $2.99 1 $2.99
            remove G-1116 Quik Clay Detailing System 16 oz. $9.99 1 $9.99
            remove G-11210 Gold Class Rich Leather Foam Cleaner/Conditioner 10 oz. $5.99 1 $5.99
            remove G-12115 Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray $4.99 1 $4.99
            remove G-12210 Gold Class Dash & Trim Foam Protectant $3.99 1 $3.99
            remove M-1611 Professional Paste Wax 11 oz. $12.99 1 $12.99
            remove M-3401 Final Inspection 1 gal. $22.99 1 $22.99
            remove M-3616 Hi-Tech Wheel Cleaner 16 oz. $8.99 1 $8.99
            remove M-6601 Quick Detailer 1 gal. $23.99 1 $23.99
            remove M-9910 Ultimate Wipe 16 $5.99 1 $5.99
            ======

Am I missing any items of necessity? Again thanks!!

Robert

Comment

Wow! Second realization after searching this site is the RX Personalized Care!

Super idea and it obviously addresses most of the questions I have asked.

Back to search and I will probably be more enlightened upon returning!

Regards Robert

Comment

Sorry to be a pest.

Folks refer to certain #'s for product. Meguiar's #16, 7,6 etc.

What does the number refer to as I cannot find any listings by number in the search mode??

Thanks

Comment

What does the number refer to as I cannot find any listings by number in the search mode??
                  The number people refer to is actually Meguiar's part number for a certain product. Let's take one of the ones you mentioned for example.

M-6601 Quick Detailer 1 gal. $23.99 1 $23.99

The M stands for Meguiars
                  The 66 is the Part or product number
                  The 01 stands for one gallon container.

I used this one because I wanted to make sure you understand that M-66 is actually a fairly aggresive cleaner wax and not Quik Detailer which is a similar product to Final Inspection.

Comment

Thanks Bri9801.
                    Sure makes sense! lol. Will help make the truck look good!

Regards,
                    Robert

Comment

Bri9801

Think senility or old age may be creeping in here.

Rereading your post and checking my list I now realize there is a QUICK product which I do not need and a QUIK Detailer which I do.
                      Thanks for the post and I will read closer in the future!

Comment

Re: Bri9801

Think senility or old age may be creeping in here.

Rereading your post and checking my list I now realize there is a QUICK product which I do not need and a QUIK Detailer which I do.
                        Thanks for the post and I will read closer in the future!
                        That's what I was trying to clarify for you. I was having bad visions of you receiving M-66 Quick Detailer and trying to use it like A-33 Quik Detailer. Bad things could have ensued.

To further confuse you. If you are getting M-34 Final Inspection you really don't need to get A-33 Quik Detailer as well. You can certainly get both if you wish but they do pretty much the same thing and IMO Final Inspection is the better of the two.

Comment

http://www.detailcity.com/forums/sho...touch+of+class

Pathfinder this link and subject was recently disected. I hope it helps with your situation.
                          "Automotive Detailing with a Passion!"

Comment

BRI9801 & Crobar Cars

Thanks guys!
                            At the rate I am going I will have 5 shelves full of products!

Have 3 vehicles so whatever will not work for one will for the other. I am sure I would have really been blown out if I screwed up the work already performed.

Crobar Cars that post on Detail City was mine made under my sons screen name.

I signed up for 5 different forums seeking information and this is the only one where the response was realistic and helpful.

One was a BMW site and need I say I was totally ignored?? lol.

Live and learn!

Again thanks! I will make this home and buy the products the site represents!

Regards,

Robert

Comment

Hello,

As far as the what the numbers stand for you can check out this link:

I didn't see any kind of soap or shampoo on your list?
                              Hope this helps,
                              Andy
                              101impala
                              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');