• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotary on side panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary on side panels

Hello all,

Up to now I have only been using my Makita rotary on the horizontal surfaces on my car, since my PC is more than capable of removing all defects on vertical door panels and such. This weekend I used the rotary on one of the door panels to remove what seemed like paint transfer from another car's door... Long story short, the other car's paint, including some scratches left from the impact have all been removed (there were no dents), and in less than 2 minutes. Man I love this machine! Anyway, my question is, what is the preferred/recommended technique for using the rotary on the vertical panels of a car? I have the Mequiar's video on how to remove defects but the demonstrated work are all on horizontal surfaces. The rotary was very hard to control even at slower speeds and with well-worked-in pads. Any helps/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Peter

Re: Rotary on side panels

I am reasonably new to the Rotary but since you mentioned it there is something I have noticed I do differently when switching from my Horzontal Panels to the Verticles.

I am right Handed. For the Horzontal Panels it seems I can keep better control if I use my right hand for squeezing the trigger and steering and the left hand just to steady the machine.

For the Verticals, I tend to switch. I find it easier for me to pull the trigger and steer with my left hand and use the right to insure the head doesn't get away from me.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Good suggestion on the hand switch; I will give that a try!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');