• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New leather seat cleaner???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New leather seat cleaner???

I have been looking through all the posts and getting confused

I have got a New ST170 Focus with half leather seats.

I have not cleaned them from new and want to soon because summer is coming

What is best to use to clean and keep clean???
    (A spray, or wipe??)

Thanks
    Dave
    Focus ST170
    Imperial Blue
    Climate Pack & Spoiler (3dr)
    Xenons and more...

www.allfords.net *Forum for all Fords

What do you mean by half leather? Are there cloth inserts?

With that being the case, the best products would probaby be things like this, so you dont spray leather cleaner/conditioner onto the cloth:

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner

Or:

Gold Class Rich Leather Foam Cleaner/Conditioner

Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

If you want, you could also use these wipes, either in between full details, or for touch-ups, spills, etc....

Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Like this m8.
      Black leather.

Which would you use???

Thanks
      Dave
      Focus ST170
      Imperial Blue
      Xenons and more...

Comment

I'd want good control of the product, since it is kind of smaller areas, and so it doesnt go all over the cloth.

I would pick either Rich Leather Step 1 &2 if you want a 2 step process, or the Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner in the bottle, for one step.

The Gold Class will be fine is your seats are in good shape, which I am sure they are. But some people like to start off with the 'full process' so its up to you.

You could then apply these products to a dedicated MF cloth, then work gently into the leather. For a lower gloss look, come back in 5-7 minutes and buff off excess with a clean MF towel.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yep in good condition.

So what should i get???

So......You could then apply these products to a dedicated MF cloth, then work gently into the leather. For a lower gloss look, come back in 5-7 minutes and buff off excess with a clean MF towel.

Thanks
          Dave
          Focus ST170
          Imperial Blue
          Xenons and more...

Comment

I've used the Gold Class cleaner & conditioner on my new car and the stuff works great. I rub it in with one of the applicators (can't remember the name off hand , but it cloth like and looks like a bar of soap) then finish off with a Super Terry towel. It's amazing how much dirt gets on stuff during a weeks time...leather steering wheel cover too. It leaves everything soft without any residue.

Mort

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');