• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topping NXT w/GC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping NXT w/GC?

I thought someone had done this, but now I cant find the thread. I finally gave in and picked up some NXT (no body mentioned how AWESOME it smells!!! Or how incredably easy it is to remove).

I spent yesterday on the Stang's paint. Since it's a garage kept, non-daily driver, it's not too bad (it was a rental though, so it's full of minute scratches). I washed w/soft wash, clayed a few spots, then used step 1 paint cleaner. Followed with step 2 polish, then a layer of NXT. I like it, it cured nice-and it did help with the scratches somewhat, but I was still thinking of topping with the GC....

Anyone do this? Like the results?

Another stanger.

I've topped NXT with #26 with good results on my drk green GT. Some recommend just an xtra coat of NXT.

I do have GC collecting dust right now. I would like to hear about your results.

NXT is easy on, easy off with almost no dust.

Comment

Like scrub, I've been a pretty firm advocate of topping NXT with #26 as it seems to offer a little more 'pop' on my Chestnut Brown paint. Of course, different paint colors offer different characteristics that react to certain products in different ways. In short, this combo may not offer a lot to some folks (with the exception of added durability) but, to me, it seems to give it a bit more personality and has definitely helped me to bring my finish to another level that I didn't think was possible.

Give GC a try if you want. Let us know how you like it because, ultimately, you're the judge, jury and executioner when it comes to your paint!

RP
      -The Final Detail-
      Lagrange, Kentucky
      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Hey,

I would not be so quick to top the NXT Tech Wax. I have found that it provides the depth, gloss and warmth of my usual combo of #20/26 all on its own!!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
          Another stanger.

I've topped NXT with #26 with good results on my drk green GT. Some recommend just an xtra coat of NXT.

I do have GC collecting dust right now. I would like to hear about your results.

NXT is easy on, easy off with almost no dust.

lol, this is a very Stang heavy board it seems! Dark green= Tropic? I guess you can tell which color mine is (Electric Green).

I tried the #26 by itself, but prefered the GC. Now the NXT. I have to get the car back out of the garage to get a good look at it before I decide what to do (to Top or not to Top). I liked the NXT, but my husband said he thinks the GC looked better. I was thinking it was the reflectiveness of the GC that he was missing, so I figured topping it might bring that back while leaving the scratches filled (I'm assuming that's how NXT "removes" the light scratches)....

Comment

It is all a matter of personal preferance but I agree with Tim in that I really like the look of NXT on its own but, I am going to experiment with #16 over NXT. #16 is a very clear wax so it shouldn't affect the "look" of NXT.
            Bob
            2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
            Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

results are here: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...&threadid=1196

Comment

Here is my '01 GT with NXT all by its lonesome

I don't like this last one much because it shows the orange peel in my paint a bit too much and the curve in the fender makes me look short and fat

Bob
                2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
                Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by rjstaaf
                  Here is my '01 GT with NXT all by its lonesome

I don't like this last one much because it shows the orange peel in my paint a bit too much and the curve in the fender makes me look short and fat
                  Nice...Yup, ya gotta love that factory orange peel

Comment

Comes standard on most Fords and is a dealer option for GM! lol

Comment

One thing I did find (I posted this on the other thread too) was that the GC was really difficult to remove if you let it haze. I had quite a time getting it off my hood! I found that if you apply to a full panel (like a door, rear quarter, deck lid) then start removing right away where you started the application, it comes right off. Just an fyi...I cant wait to get home from work to finish the car, I feel like this guy:

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');