• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos from March 29th Open Garage at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from March 29th Open Garage at Meguiar's!

Photos from March 29th Open Garage at Meguiar's!

Man what an awesome night at Meguiar's and what high caliber group of guys that came to Meguiar's for a night of fun! I have a lot of pictures from tonight but here are a few before I lock-down the garage and head for home...

First, Barry stopped by to check out the scene and answer questions meet some of our forum members...

He shared with our members the interesting background of how Meguiar's started out as a Furniture Polish company and how his Father's company transitioned into an auto polish company with lots of personal stories in-between.

Then he invited everyone to ask questions on any topic they were interested in and he answered all of them with humor and more interesting behind the scenes answers!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Is there a more powerful word than AWESOME if there is than tonights "get together" was it!

Not only do I get to hang with my pal Mike Phillips but my old friend Jason Rose was there as well. Then Mr. Meguiar, "call me Berry please," showed up.

As busy as he is he actually sat down and chatted with us awhile!

I also got to "hang' with a few newer buddies like Paul "the other PC" and Paul, "paulvr4."

Everybody was great. We all had a great time!

I have been to two Meguiar NXT classes, two three day formal classes and about five or six Saturday classes and tonights meet was one of my favorites.

The group is smaller than what you get with the other classes and allot more laid back.

Did I mention I had a great time?
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

it was a fun time and I learned alot. Sorry I had to leave early (family obligations) But it was a fun night nonetheless......Mike did a great job, and many thanks to Paul and Austin on helping me Clay and Wax my car Really wish i coulda stayed to see the rotary in action.....hopefully next time

Comment

I would like to extend a special thanks to Mike for taking the time to work out an "AR" system to remove the DA micro-marring from my S4. he spent nearly an hour trying different combos of polishes, machines and pads before we could get things to my liking. Thanks again Mike.

Thanks to Joe for coming out and sharing some wetsanding and rotary tips, its really nice to learn some tips from the pros that do this stuff everyday.

Also got to have some fun playing on the test hood in the classroom with Paul (the other pc). Glad I got to meet everyone and I look forward to doing another one soon.

its really nice to have these nights because we can come out and try out polishes and compounds that we might not normally have so that we can see if they fit into our regimen. I dont even need to mention that we got to talk with Mr. Meguiar himself because from what everyone has already seen IT WAS AWESOME!! He came out and was cruising around checking out what everyone was doing and just mingling. I thought that was so neat. I am sure he was proud to see us all hard at work with products that he prides himself in. Great Night!!!!

oh and Mike post the rest of the pics!!!!

Comment

When I use to work at Meguiar's, I alway's use to look forward to Barry's stories about how Meguiar's started pretty amazing!!! I had a great time when I use to work at Meguiar's, and will never forgot those great memories in customer care. I am glad everyone in attendance had a great time.

Comment

I have a lot of other great shots from tonights Open Garage, but before I close the garage doors and head out, here's something very special, it's a young man getting professional lessons on how to wet-sand, cut and polish the paint on his car by Joe Fernandez of Superior Shine Auto Detailing.

Before tonight, David had never used a rotary buffer before let alone performed any wet-sanding on automotive paint, but with a a little instruction and some hands-on training, he was working the rotary buffer like a pro!

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Devious27t

It's really nice to have these nights because we can come out and try out polishes and compounds that we might not normally have so that we can see if they fit into our regimen.
              Here's a small sample of some of the tools and products everyone had the opportunity to play with...

The picture's a little out of focus, I'll see if the other one is better tomorrow and if it is upload it instead...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

This isn't everyone that was here tonight as when I took this pictures some had already left...

I'll post the names of everyone tomorrow...
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

John aka Fat Chance, let us do a little wet-sanding on his Chrysler 300 as the hood was hit with an egg and it left some deeper scratches on the hood.

This photo was actually taken after wet-sanding with a backing pad and then using a rotary buffer with a cutting pad and M84 Compound Power Cleaner to remove the sanding marks. We didn't get any pictures of how bad the scratches were before we started but you'll get the idea...

After removing all the lighter scratches from the process above, we then cut up some small pieces of Nikken #2500 grit Finishing Paper to zero in on just the scratches while sanding.

After sanding each of the individual scratches flat, we then removed the sanding marks using the W-7006 Foam Cutting pad with some more M84 Compound Power Cleaner at around 1500 rpm.

We then re-polished the area with a W-8006 Foam Polishing Pad and some M83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish with the rotary buffer, the re-polished again using M80 Speed Glaze with the G100 and then applied some M21 Synthetic Sealant.

About the only sign of the scratches left was this tiny little residual scratch right here...

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hey Joe!

Thanks for taking the time to teach me how to use the G100 Dual Action Polisher!

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Wednesday Night Open House at Meguiar's is a blast!

I'm outta here...
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

that looks awesome!

great pics

one day i wish one of you guys would come down to australia!

Comment

oh man, I can't even thank you guys enough for teaching me so much! so helpful and informative, i know i need a lot of practice on all this stuff, but i never even would have thought of picking up a rotary or trying to wetsand (eek!) my paint! it really turned out amazing
                          Really nice to meet some guys who are truly enthusiastic about what they're doing, and especially Mr. Meguiar! what a treat. I really wish i'd found out about this a long time ago!if you want to see a big pic, the scratches we were trying to take out were from the garbage men dragging a can down the side of my car, here is a pic of right after it happened (i know the car is horridly dirty, i dont get to clean it often enough, and park outside all day and its rained every weekend for the last month and a half)
                          http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~dhamman/Da...mage%20003.jpg sorry its huge.
                          Dave
                          Constantly In Pursuit

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                            Hey Joe!

Thanks for taking the time to teach me how to use the G100 Dual Action Polisher!

Oh, I thought you guys were fighting over it!!!!
                            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Looks like great fun to me guys
                              I just love detailing

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');