• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

direct sunlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• direct sunlight

Why do some of Mequiar products suggest best to use out of direct sunlight or in the shade?

Can you use them outside on overcast days?

Just from my experience:

If you apply Paint Cleaners or Polish in direct sunlight, they will dry faster and become a pain to remove.

I'm sure you can apply when it's overcast, but I still use the canopy to avoid dust/other particles floating onto my finish.
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

As Magic said, applying in direct sunlight dries products out faster, either making them hard to remove or hard to apply.

Remember, it isnt just air temperature that is important. Even on a mild day, in direct sun, you cars metal parts can get quite warm.

Similarly, you might be able to work on a black car in direct sun in November in PA, but you would be crazy to work on a white car outside in the sun anytime in Southern California.

It is all about how the surface is reacting.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');