• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - Meguiar's Web Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Meguiar's Web Cam

Please vote and tell Meguiar's why a web cam for the classrooms and garages would be BENEFICIAL to you!

Please suggest best hardware/software for this also.

How cool would it have been to be watching an open garage and have Barry pop in!

There is no way to hear the passion in Barrys voice through this nice picture. This is why I think Meguiar's needs a web cam!

Here's a concept idea based upon a 1940's Philco TV

Yes
    95.43%
    No
    2.00%
    No interest
    2.57%
    Last edited by Newport Viper; Mar 30, 2006, 05:08 PM.
    SRT-10 Silver

I voted yes for the Meguiars Web Cam!

Why? Why not I ask.

This would be a great opportunity for Meguiars to prove, once again, that they are concerned about their customers. Internet detailing forums such as this one are constantly filled with important questions about processes such as polishing paint and other detailing needs. By utilizing the easily available technology of the web cam, Meguiars could show people just how it's done and advertise their own products at the same time!!!

By elucidating many of the common questions that surround detailing, esp. with a machine, Meguiars could save many people the heart-ache of a messed up paint job; one that could have easily been prevented had they saw a physical demonstration of the proper techniques and products in usage.

Go for it Meguiars, you have nothing to lose!

Comment

Web cam broadcasting would be too cool. This concept is way over the top and would certainly exceed my expectations again. Now this idea also has to go to corporate just like the static cling decal and I have voted for both. I am sure marketing could figure a way to make a buck or two because Meguiar’s is a for profit company and this is fine with me. These items would not detract from Meguiar’s corporate image and in the process they would blow away the competition in any customer satisfaction survey. Al
      The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

lol...what no votes for no? lol...
        Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

It'd be cheaper than me travelling over there to attend a class

I'm seriously interested in learing more about detailing, but the chances of a class coming down here or me travelling up are slim. Especially when I could get some decent mods for the amount it would cost me.
          Gil A. Castillo

Comment

Good point there WaspHunter.

Comment

i think it is a great idea and it might even save Meguiar's some money on having to travel less for detail clinics. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want them to get rid of them but some people will probably be able to learn a big chunk from just viewing the steps and process on the web. Great Idea!!
              Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
              2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

Multiple camera angles too!

Heh, in this vote, they might as well have left out the option for "No".
                Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I will have to send my address so they can ship me a donut some pizza and the goodie bag for attending the class via webcam.
                  2000 Grand Prix GTP
                  2007 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

lol i dont think theres any disadvantage to having it on web cam
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Except you'd need to spend a little cash for a camera server and maybe extend your maximum monthly allowed bandwidth.
                      Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Any plans on sending out product samples to viewers? :P
                        Gil A. Castillo

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                          lol i dont think theres any disadvantage to having it on web cam
                          Except for the keeping out the looky lues from the top secret R&D that I am sure they test out in the shop.
                          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I'd certainly like that. I highly doubt any Meg rep will visit us up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                              Except for the keeping out the looky lues from the top secret R&D that I am sure they test out in the shop.

Joe,

They can put little masks on the product labels, so no one will recognize them Or maybe plain brown wrappers......

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');