• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - Meguiar's Web Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poll - Meguiar's Web Cam

Yes I can see how its done insted of reading about it. Sorry if some already said this because I did'nt read all the threads.

Comment

I vote yes. If Meguiar's doesn't have the necessary tools, I'm sure many of us are willing to chime in and help out with whatever we can to make this possible.

Comment

Sure. Even if it's a once a month thing so as not to constantly eat up bandwidth and other company resources, it would be a great encouragement, learning tool and Meguiar user/fanatic/car crazy/detail maniac building tool. OK, maybe a little over-the-top, but you get my drift ...
        Michael
        Thanks for all the help!

Comment

For members that live outside U.S. it will be GREAT!!!!!!

Comment

That's a neat idea but, I don't think it's practical. Your not going to be able to see much, have you seen the quality of a web cam? You have to be there in person to see and use the products.The classroom is were you learn "hands on". The cam would be a novelty, if anything. Just to "see" what's happening and won't "teach" anything. Sorry but, you have to attend the class to get anything out of it.

Comment

I just went to youtube and put in meguir's. There are alot of videos there for you to see how they use there products. If your looking for instruction, there's alot there for you to see.

Comment

That would be great to see all the live action in the garage!

Comment

For those (possibly within Meguiar's) baulking at the potential bandwidth charges that this would impose, there's always the option of making the sessions 'pay per view'... a very small charge per viewer would easily cover the costs, and prevent 'unnecessary' bandwidth usage by people...

Comment

Originally posted by magnus View Post
                    Nothing personal, but I disagree.
                    • People will be in the way of the camera.
                    • This will require extensive bandwith availability of the part of Meguiar's.
                    • It will be difficult to clearly see process, technique, and detail being described during the hands-on session.
                    • It would just be a gimmick.

I would like to see the time and resources that would be required to have a webcam be used to create more (free, and updated) online videos, more DVD/VHS videos, and videos of topics from the Pro Detail classes.
                    Agreed. I think a TV show or DVD would serve a better purpose.

Comment

We could watch live broadcasts from the garage on www.stickam.com
                      Matt

Comment

I am very tech savvy. I can tell Meg's exactly what they need to get them started.

People who vote no are old hags who avoid all technology lol...

At least start with Mike Phillips at his computer talking to us about stuff live.
                        Then we could branch into the shop and demonstrations like at the classes....

Mike if you ever want to, just email me...
                        Matt

Comment

I accidently voted no interest, I didn't read the question . I thought it would be a poll about if MOL should have webcams so people can chat and see each other,

This was 4 years ago, are the web cams installed yet

Comment

Bump ! hehe

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');