• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Badge Adhesive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Badge Adhesive

Well I am taking my F-150 fender badges off and replacing them with the newer 04-06 style and I am wondering once I get the old badges off what product(s) would you all suggest to use on my paint for getting that nasty glue stuff off? I am not sure what I could use that won't harm my paint or the clearcoat. Would WD-40 or Goo Gone be wise choices at getting that sticky glue off? Thanks for any help.
    Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
    2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Re: Removing Badge Adhesive

Originally posted by Snowman
    Would WD-40 or Goo Gone be wise choices at getting that sticky glue off? Thanks for any help.
    I have never tried WD-40 to remove glue residue but I know from experence that GOO GOON is wonderful. I am always finding new uses for the stuff.
    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2007 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Goo-Gone certainly wont hurt anything, you can give it a try first.

Meguiars makes products like Body Solvent, or Bug and Tar remover, that you could try if it doesnt work.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I use 3M adhesive remover. It's in a tall thin tin. About 7 bucks at the local napa. Works great for stubborn tar as well.
        As you make a living, don't forget to live.

Comment

I appreciate all the help guys and more help is welcome!!
          Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
          2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

One more vote for the 3M Adhesive Remover (and consider that this is exactly what it was formulated to do ).

I had good results with Goo-Gone, Citri-Solve, Wurth Cleans-All, and some others that aren't coming to mind, but the 3M is my go-to product for this.
            Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');