• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures from SoCalEvo at Meguiar's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a lot of interest in learning how to use the G100 Dual Action polisher!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

After washing, claying, polishing and waxing the gloss and shine was pretty apparent from any angle!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here are some of my own pictures

The swirls on the blue Evo

Mike showing us how to look for swirls after using StratchX

The before shot

The after shot (that white line is some wax that we left on to see the border between the polished and unpolished sides)

gratuitous reflections shot - it's not perfect because we didn't polish the entire hood

Thanks for everything Meguiar's and Mike!

Comment

thanks, mike. i can't wait till i get my g100 this week.

btw, nice pics.

Comment

ugh, look at all the orange peel around the lancer badge
            Lancer Evolution VIII
            I4T

Comment

Looks good, I just wish I could've attended.
              Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by rammsteinmatt
                thanks so much mike and meguiars for hosting us. I (and all of us) learned a ton about everything, and have new products to try out! for anyone that hasnt tried out the new wheel cleaners, we used the multi piece wheel cleaner (orange bottle), and it worked phenominal for removing months of caked on brake dust with little effort required (i hope someone has before and after pictures from today, its simply amazing)

mike, you're an excellent teacher and went to great lengths to teach everyone, no matter what skill level, anything and everything they desired to know about detailing/washing/polishing/waxing etc... he even told a joke or two aparently we werent the most lively group thats been through there, but that didnt stop mike from trying his best to wake us up so we could learn to the fullest

and mike, you were asking if these cars are fast. basically the answer is: yes, very. i'll come by some wednesday night open garage over the summer and we can go for a quick drive - under the speed limit of course (if you're allowed/willing of course)
                ^^^

thanx again mike and meguiar's for hosting our club

big props to the people that made it despite the rain

i definitately walked away with some tips on things i've been doing wrong when detailing my car

joseph for pointing out the 8 side microfiber wipe down technique and taking pics of me and my ride at the end

matt i have some pics of alex's car before the wash...did mike really use the multi piece wheel cleaner (orange bottle)?

i must've been busy fooling with my camera...dang so that's how they got rid of alex's brake dust on his rims/calipers...i was wondering what kind of magic they used without breaking a sweat

let me know if you want/need the before pics mike

alex your car looks amazing now...looks like it rolled off the dealer lot

Comment

Originally posted by ebevo

let me know if you want/need the before pics mike

alex your car looks amazing now...looks like it rolled off the dealer lot

Yeah, if you have them, post them...
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

[i]Originally posted by ebevo
                    matt i have some pics of alex's car before the wash...did mike really use the multi piece wheel cleaner (orange bottle)?

i must've been busy fooling with my camera...dang so that's how they got rid of alex's brake dust on his rims/calipers...i was wondering what kind of magic they used without breaking a sweat
                    i'm pretty sure. i remember a wheel cleaner being sprayed on, and i thought we determined that the orange bottle was the only one that was safe for the wheels and brembos.

that stuff was amazing though, the brushed helped too
                    Lancer Evolution VIII
                    I4T

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

that was one hell of a class... too bad half of the people who signed in missed out. but that didn't stop mike from providing us with everything we needed, be it knowledge and skills!!!!
                        food was great too! and the goodies!!!!! hahahaha

big to mike at meguiars! and joseph as well.
                        appreciate it...

Comment

yo alex, you better take care of your car now after all the work we've done... lol!!!

Comment

sorry took so long to post these pics...as requested

pics of alex's rims before the makeover

don't worry i'm still working on uploading all the pics to the socalevo forum

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');