• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medium-Cut Cleaner= Next Step Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medium-Cut Cleaner= Next Step Up?

Is the MCC 01 the next more agressive step to use with a PC if #83 DACP isn't able to remove the defects. I was looking through the catalogs and the method of use is listed as D/A Polisher compatible. I don't currently own nor have the experience/ Knowledge to operate a Rotary(Hopefully one day soon I will take the plunge and learn.) safely, and I was wondering if this is the most aggresive step you can take w/ a PC and Polishing Pad (w8006)?
    Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

#01 Medium Cut is for rotary only (at least that’s what the catalog and bottle I have say).

#83/W8006 is currently the most aggressive product set Meg’s recommends for use with a DA. Meg’s recommends that any defects that don’t respond to #83/W8006/DA should be handled with a rotary.

Since ScratchX is being re-formulated for DA use it will be interesting to see how it compares to #80 and #83.

PC.

Comment

I guess the MCC01 may be reformulated also? My catalog says use with the DA is ok. I have the 2006 Pro catalogue Mike gave me, maybe it's a misprint or the formula may also be changing.
      Erik Mejia

Comment

Fine cut cleaner #2 is less aggressive then #83. Would not really suprise me if meguiars is reformulating it. They sure are reformulating more and more to work with the DA which is nice for people who dont know know to use a rotary.

Comment

I hope you’re right and they’ve re-formulated #01 for DA use (like they did with #02 Fine Cut).

The more DA compatible products the better.

PC.

Comment

but then i think i will never feel the need to learn how to use a rotary i am pretty conservitive when it comes to my own cars but this week i may go buy some fenders and hoods to play with
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

any word on this from Mike?? I called customer care and they said its always been this way.. According to me 2005 catalog it says rotary only

Comment

At this time, the information in the new catalog is a typographical error. At this time M01 is not recommend for use with a dual action polisher.

M01 is for use with a rotary buffer only.

For the thread starter of this thread, check out this thread which should answer all of your questions...

PC + #83 not "Cutting" it! - The Limits of the Dual Action Polisher
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike, sorry I caused all the confusion, I wasn't sure if it was a typo or not.
                  Erik Mejia

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    At this time, the information in the new catalog is a typographical error. At this time M01 is not recommend for use with a dual action polisher.

M01 is for use with a rotary buffer only.

For the thread starter of this thread, check out this thread which should answer all of your questions...

PC + #83 not "Cutting" it! - The Limits of the Dual Action Polisher

Thanks Mike for clarifying!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks, I've read that specific thread. I just wasn't sure if it was a typo or if Meguiar's was in the process of reformulating #01 like they have done with ScratchX.
                      Erik Mejia

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');