• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT WaX Spray, Soo Hard to ReMoVe????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT WaX Spray, Soo Hard to ReMoVe????

after washing my car, I just used for the first time, NXT Spray WaX. I put a very thin coat all around my car.

after letting it dry to a haze for about 5 to 7 minutes, I then used a MF towel to remove it......Wow! It was really hard to take off?

I then used a 100% terry Cloth hand towel (good quality 100% cotton towel) and it was still hard to come off.....

when I did get some of the NXT spray wax off, it was leaving bright white spots and heavier white streaking all over the car......

this was horrid, I thought it was spray on, let it haze for couple minutes, then easily wipe off......

wiping it off is soooo hard.....
    it is 50 degree Farht. outside so its not too warm or too cold.

Is the NXT spray wax suppose to be hard to remove....????

I read the Links on here someone doing a NXT spray Wax on a Black Honda SUV.....and it seemed easy, but when I did it,
    boy, was it hard to come off?????

did I do something wrong in applying the NXT spray Wax?
    or is it this hard to remove the NXT spray wax?

Plus it left white dust all over the crevisis (sp.?), but i just blew it away and it was gone.....sort of a pain but the white dusting I did not mind at all?????

please help......

I haven't tried the spray wax yet, so this may not help. I currently have Zaino Z6, which I think is a similar product. With the Z6, you are supposed to actually buff it until its dry. If you let it dry on its own, it says to spray it again, and buff it till dry. Just a mist is all you need basically.
    The Z6 is a pain to get and I'm almost out, so I plan on buying QD soon. I'm interested to here others experience on this.
    -Mike

Comment

My friend had really horrible trouble with this stuff too when it was cold like that--was like trying to get #16 off that had been put on too thick/left too long.

EDIT: The other thing when my friend had the problem was that the car hadn't had the regular NXT applied for a while (this was last winter). So it may be since the NXT Spray Wax is a booster for regular NXT, if the car is fairly "nude" it may be that the Spray wax doesn't want to come off.

Comment

The Spray wax needs to go on micro thin. It will come off very easily when you;

1. shake it well before applying.
        2. spray it on a foam or even coat applicator pad and not on the paint.
        3. Thin is in. Like most LSP applications, the thinner the better.

If you have any areas that are too think and hard to remove, reapply some more nxt and spread it thin.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

I used a Meguiars' Even Coat applicator, it was evenly applied....I guess i put it on too thick? or I may have had it dry too long (5minutes?).......I did not know you can reapply the NXT spray Wax when some of the wax on the car is hard to wipe off????

Next time, I will Shake the bottle, and put as Thin as I can.....

but It was a realy pain taking it off......wow.....I could not believe it......b/c, everyone here on this board is saying that the NXT Spray Wax is sooo easily to come off......?

when i try again, I'll let everyone know.....my shoulders are killing me....

Comment

Actualy, it sounds as if you washed your car, and then simply used the Spray Wax. That would be an incorrect way to use the product. Spray Waxes are simply for touch-ups after washing, when you already have the car prepped and waxed recently.

If this is the first detail, then you need to be sure to follow all the proper prep steps, as well as get a good coat of Nxt Liquid or Paste Wax.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

The spay waxes fit into the "Maintain" step.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree with Murr1525. Your paint has to be in decent shape to use this. I like to do one panel at a time. It dries fast here in So Cal.
              SRT-10 Silver

Comment

High humidity seems to be a big factor in making the Spray Booster Wax hard to remove. You have to apply an extremely thin even coat. It should be so thin that you can hardly see it.

If the humidity is very high, I would just use the Speed Detailer instead. It has no issues with high humidity. The same applies to the NXT Paste.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Hey,

I see that you have already read Mike's link on how to use Meguiar's Spray Waxes.

The key to using them is to have a clean finish (clayed, polished and waxed), and apply the product in a really thin coating. Then perform the Swipe Test to see when it is ready to be removed:

How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test

Try the Swipe Test and see if the product comes off a little easier for you.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hi, Agree that you should be using the swipe test to determine readiness for removal. Also, 5-7 minutes for the spray wax to settle sounds a little quick.
                    S60slipstream

Comment

I have never had any problems removing NXT Spray Wax. The most important thing for easy removal of waxes is that the paint is smooth and clean. I can even apply NXT paste too thick and remove it easy if the paint is smooth underneath. Just my .02

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2
                        I have never had any problems removing NXT Spray Wax. The most important thing for easy removal of waxes is that the paint is smooth and clean. I can even apply NXT paste too thick and remove it easy if the paint is smooth underneath. Just my .02

Good Luck
                        Agreed. Spray wax is meant for usage as a booster wax. Therefore, the surface should already have a nice coat of wax on it.

Comment

I just posted this in another thread. It was about 50 here yesterday in western, ny. I had to wait about 1/2 hour before it was dry to remove the spray wax. Initially, I thought to wait only a few minutes. When it wasn't coming off a light bulb went off and I left it sit for a bit. After waiting a bit and doing the "swipe test" it was finially dry and wiped off really well.
                          2000 Nissan Maxima
                          2005 Nissan Xterra

Comment

I posted my thoughts about Quik Wax in this thread.

Comment

I have noticed it takes longer for the NXT Speed Wax than the NXT paste wax to dry using the "swipe test". It's not that strange at all since the spray is a liquid and the paste wax is partly dry already in the can. The speed thing has more to do with the ease of application and removal.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');