• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer Odor eliminator not ELIMINATING odors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Odor eliminator not ELIMINATING odors?

So I decided to try out Meg's consumer odor eliminator because I was out of the stuff I normally use and needed something I could pick up locally. 3 days later the odor is back. The entire interior(carpets and seats too) was cleaned with all purpose cleaner first, then extracted, and then I misted the Odor eliminator to try and eliminate this foul perfume smell, and it seemed to work at the time. 3 days later the smell is back.

So is meguiar's odor eliminator not eliminating anything and just covering it up? Or am I missing something in the process?
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

From my understanding...you cant just mist it.
    You have to spray it on ALL the fabrics (where odor lurks)
    It even says on the bottle, some odors may need a 2nd coating

Comment

spray surface until damp and then let dry.

It did work on my F150 that had been smoked in, however I need to clean it beeter first and then re-apply.

Comment

Originally posted by CELL
        From my understanding...you cant just mist it.
        You have to spray it on ALL the fabrics (where odor lurks)
        It even says on the bottle, some odors may need a 2nd coating
        By misting, I meant it was sprayed on all the fabrics, but not saturated . My bottle may be old but says no such thing. I went ahead and resprayed everything again and will report back if the odors come back again.
        I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Is it possible that there are odors that have permeated into other surfaces or components of the car?
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Is it possible that there are odors that have permeated into other surfaces or components of the car?
            Possible? Yes. Highly unlikely they are still there? Yes.

Maybe I should be more specific. The headliner was scrubbed with APC and a terry towel. ALL vinyl and hard surfaces were scrubbed with APC, a vinyl brush, and terry towels. All Carpets, seats, and upholstered surfaces were scrubbed with APC and the PC using a carpet brush attachment. All carpets and upholstery(except headliner) was subsequently extracted with a hot water extractor. Then all upholstered surfaces were misted with Meg's Odor eliminator.

So as you can see everything should be very clean.

One thought that just occured to me is that this is not an organic odor, it is either coming from old perfume residue, or a really bad smelling interior fragance. Is it possible that because it is inorganic it is beyond the capabilites of the product?

EDIT BTW, I have never encountered an odor like this before, most odors I encounter are coming from old food and sometimes vomit. So if anyone has experienced anything like this before and is open to suggestions, I'll give them a try.
            I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

what did you use in the hot water extractor? APC? or did you just use it like a wet/dry vac
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');