• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vinyl tonneau Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl tonneau Cover

What does everyone with a black vinyl tonneau cover on their truck use to keep it looking like new?
    Brian

Re: Vinyl tonneau Cover

Originally posted by Mister B
    What does everyone with a black vinyl tonneau cover on their truck use to keep it looking like new?
    Right now I use NXT Generation Tech Protectant and I am on my last few drops of the product. It has worked very well for me but I am going to change to something in the Detailer Line to see what else is out there. I am going to give Hyper Dressing a try and might also pick up some of the new Water Based Dressing just for fun.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I use #40 on mine. It works well and lasts pretty long

Comment

Re: Re: Vinyl tonneau Cover

Originally posted by gb387
        Right now I use NXT Generation Tech Protectant
        Ditto, but it does seem to need to be reapplied frequently.

Comment

Yeah, I think the Nxt Tech Protectant is more for indoor use. I think even the water-based dressing may last a bit longer.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
            Yeah, I think the Nxt Tech Protectant is more for indoor use. I think even the water-based dressing may last a bit longer.
            Thats exactly why I use #40. It lasts longer than both and looks good also

Comment

I may have to look into the #40 vinyl and rubber cleaner/conditioner.

I have a bottle of Natural Shine Vinyl and rubber protectant that I have had sitting around for a year or two. Would this be similar to the #40 product?

The fact that it has been sitting out in the garage for a year or two, it may not even be worth using now. I don't know what the shelf life of the product is. Especially since it has been sitting out in the garage during the PA winter.
              Brian

Comment

Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

#40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

These are the products, and the links for them that you mentioned. The Natural Shine might be ok... do you notice if it froze at all? You can always just try it on some out of the way plastic, like a lawn mower, and see if it still works.

Comment

Re: Vinyl tonneau Cover

Originally posted by Mister B
                  Hi Mr. B

I can highly recommend All Season Dressing. I have a black vinyl top and tonneau bed cover on my 72 El Camino and will use ASD from now on. I started out with #40 and that did work well for cleaning... which my vinyl needed, but the protection didn't last quite long enough for me. I spent some time reading a lot of other threads here and decided to try ASD. Man am I glad I did. We have had a very rainy season here in California this year and the ASD has held up GREAT. Water beads up on my vinyl about as much as it does on my carnauba protected paint. Plus, it seems to nourish the vinyl better than the #40 did. I'm not knocking #40 though, because that's what got my vinyl in shape and I'll probably keep with a #40 cleaning every season followed by ASD for protection.

-Elk-

Comment

Re: Re: Vinyl tonneau Cover

Originally posted by Elk
                    Hi Mr. B

I can highly recommend All Season Dressing. I have a black vinyl top and tonneau bed cover on my 72 El Camino and will use ASD from now on. I started out with #40 and that did work well for cleaning... which my vinyl needed, but the protection didn't last quite long enough for me. I spent some time reading a lot of other threads here and decided to try ASD. Man am I glad I did. We have had a very rainy season here in California this year and the ASD has held up GREAT. Water beads up on my vinyl about as much as it does on my carnauba protected paint. Plus, it seems to nourish the vinyl better than the #40 did. I'm not knocking #40 though, because that's what got my vinyl in shape and I'll probably keep with a #40 cleaning every season followed by ASD for protection.

-Elk-
                    I am pleased that you like the All Season Dressing! I just love the stuff as my exterior dressing! Plus it lasts and lasts!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I think that just about every dressing / protectant that Meguiars makes has been mentioned in this thread, which is understandable. Everybody has their own opinions on the various products, hence the reason meguiars makes so many different ones I am sure.

I guess i'll just pick one or two and give them a try for myself.

Thanks for the opinions.
                      Brian

Comment

You might want to take a look at autodetailingsolutions.com. They sell sample sizes of products, so you wouldnt have to buy the gallon jugs.

Comment

Thanks Murr.

I know all about autodetailingsolutions. I ordered a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from them just last week. Great prices.

I also like how they offer the sample bottles of various products like you had mentioned.
                          Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');