• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Clay Does Everyone Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Clay Does Everyone Use?

Just wondering what brand if not meguiars clay everyone uses. If its meguiars what kind-mild-aggressive-or quick clay?

I like the Meguiars Quick Clay / Smooth Surface clay the best.

Clay Magic is ok in a pinch.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i use quik clay
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

For most applications, I use the Professional line Mild clay...on occasion, the Aggressive (for thick overspray or heavy problems)
        See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Originally posted by Pete-FWA
          For most applications, I use the Professional line Mild clay...on occasion, the Aggressive (for thick overspray or heavy problems)

Yep...I am the same as Pete, Professional Mild or Aggressive Clay depending on need.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Megs professional Mild caly (blue) and QD for lube
            http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Pete-FWA

That's what I do too. The mild clay is the blue stuff and the agressive is the red one.
              -Bob
              NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Meg's prof. clay...but mine isnt blue or red, it looks like the quik clay, but it's "stickier". I wanted Megs clay but couldnt find a kit so I bought a tub, works well-of all my stuff wasnt stored away in my closet for the winter (which apparently isnt about to let go and go away yet), I would see what the tub says....

Comment

The first time I clayed I used Mother's. Not to bash other products but it didn't do anything. I noticed no difference. I tbought maybe it was just a gimmick or hype or something. I finally was able to find some Meg's clay locally (I live in the middle of nowhere) and it was night and day. When I work on someone's car now I always get them to feel the car before and after. Most people have never heard of claying a car so it's cool to them. I don't do a lot of cars so I just use the Smooth Surface kit (gotta love the little soap dish it comes with to store the clay).
                  Last edited by MrWolf710; Apr 3, 2006, 01:07 PM.

Comment

ive used both the megs and mothers ,,Its seems to me that the megs is softer and easier to work with ....... while the mothers was harder and seems like it would be harshier on the paint ..i like the megs alot better ,but the mothers was ok ...
                    RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Quick Clay System for me
                      I just love detailing

Comment

For me, I like Meguiars Quick Clay - really easy to use and works well at removing bonded contaminants.

Also I like Pinnacle Poly Clay, and Poorboys Clay - both of these work well too.
                        "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Comment

I use Meguiars Pro Mild Clay (blue) and the Mild Clay Magic Clay.

Tom

Comment

Clay Magic works very well! Meguiars Quik Clay is not available locally. The local PBE used to carry Meguairs Overspray Clay, which was pretty good. I think the Overspray Clay was replaced with something in the Detailer line.

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I'm using Mothers right now, seems to work pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');