• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gave it a try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave it a try

I got my NXT about a week ago and waited for the weather to clear. I put a coat on using a PC, waited until the next morning and added a second coat. It looked very nice. Good Depth and very reflective. It didn't cover some very light cob webs that I have and halfway expected it to. I had left the finish less prepared than normal just to try out NXT's ability. I probably won't throw out my other products but will certainly add NXT to many of my regimines.
    Last edited by GearHead_1; Jan 25, 2004, 08:16 AM.
    *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

GEARHEAD_1 Now that u gave the product a try are u happy and how long will u let this product stay on your vehicle
    Last edited by WHITE HONDA; Jan 24, 2004, 11:03 PM.
    Whats my color? Color X

Comment

try 2 coats it looks great.I used 7,9&2 coats nxt with a pc.I love this product.
      2001 ws6 Trans am
      (Blackbird edition #19)
      433rwhp
      409rwt

Comment

Yeah, all in all I'm pretty happy with the results. I wished I would have taken the time to prep the finish as I normally would have. I left it alone just to see the filling properties of NXT. It didn't hide minor spider webs the way I had hoped. I'm sure that I could have gotten them out with just a little effort. The S100 topper covered them O.K. It's winter here and finding a good day has been tough I'll probably leave it alone for the next 4 to 6 weeks and then do it over again with the proper preperation steps taken. NXT shows good depth and has a great shine.

J Solo, as I mentioned in my first post I did put 2 applications of NXT on and have since topped with S100 and of course FD.
        Last edited by GearHead_1; Jan 25, 2004, 08:06 AM.
        *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

I've had my NXT for a few weeks now, but have not had the weather nice enough to try it yet. I've heard/seen pics of some great results. Waiting for some nice weather.
          My Home Page
          2000 Ford Explorer XLT
          Alpine CDM-9803, Alpine MRP-F306, Crossfire TEK 35.2, Front Stage: Stock Speakers, JL Audio 10W3D2

Comment

I have had NXT Tech Wax on my Mustang for a week now. Just washed it yesterday with NXT Car Wash and man the paint still feels so smooooooooth!

Bob
            2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
            Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

I applied NXT on both of my Corvettes yesterday. I washed the cars with NXT wash first. As advertised it went on easily and didn't leave any dust when you wipe it off. I wasn't really impressed with the results on my 03 AE coupe. I expected a deeper shine and you could still see some fine scratches. On my 01 Pewter coupe I didn't notice any difference from the Gold product. Time will tell how durable this new product is.

Comment

RJSTAAF

Beautiful vehicle but I have one question
                The headlights have you ever had problem w/headlights yellowing and if so what did you used to polish the lights

I heard mothers chrome cleaner can be used but have not tried this yet ANY SUGGESTION will be helpful !!!!!!!!!!!
                Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Originally posted by WHITE HONDA
                  RJSTAAF

Beautiful vehicle but I have one question
                  The headlights have you ever had problem w/headlights yellowing and if so what did you used to polish the lights

I heard mothers chrome cleaner can be used but have not tried this yet ANY SUGGESTION will be helpful !!!!!!!!!!!
                  Thanks

Never had a problem with them yellowing. Keep in mind though the car is only 3 years old. The headlights have been replaced 3 times due to fogging inside so the ones on the car really are only about a year and a half old.

I have had yellowing/oxidation problems on the headlights of my wife's Plymouth Voyager minivan. It has been about a year so I don't really remember what I used as I was experimenting and used quite a few different products on them. I do rember that I started off by sanding them to remove the oxidation first and then various abrassive polishes to remove the resulting scratches (used various grits sandpaper and finished off with 2000). Meugiars does make some good plastic polishes. You might try PlastX in the consumer line or #17 Clear Plastic Cleaner and #10 Clear Plastic Polish in the professional line.
                  Bob

Comment

Thanks for the info
                    Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Originally posted by rjstaaf
                      I have had NXT Tech Wax on my Mustang for a week now. Just washed it yesterday with NXT Car Wash and man the paint still feels so smooooooooth!
                      Nice looking finnish rjstaaf!...I guess you're all snowed in too this week...Gaston Co. is covered up pretty good.
                      Last edited by rusty bumper; Jan 26, 2004, 09:05 PM.
                      r. b.

Comment

Iced in anyhow We have been getting freezing rain that has been building up on the roads. It does look like snow but, it is mostly all ice. It started to thaw a bit today and I was able to take the Jeep out to make a run to the store to get some supplies. Needless to say the Mustang is nice and warm in the garage where it will stay until this stuff melts

Bob

Comment

Nice picture...The upstate has some beautiful country...I really like to travel down Hwy. 11...One time I followed it to Westminster, I then followed the back roads on into Clayton, GA....Great trip!
                          r. b.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');