• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1995 silver formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 silver formula

Ok I just picked up my silver 1995 firebird formula and I dont know much about making a silver car shine. I had a 1989 mustang gt black and it looked really good but would always have streaks in the sunlight. Anyways I would like to do a good 2 day detail on my firebird making it really shine. The paint is in really good condition except for a few clear coat scratchs. I have a orbital buffer and a huge paint buffer you use when you buff out a car for the first time. Iam not detail stupid but I really dont know much about making silver shine. Any help or steps would be great.
    -Thanks Brandon
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/lt1_man/sig3.jpg

to MOL
    these should help
    The 5-Step Paint Care Cycle.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain
    A Lesson From White Paint
    Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer

How To Remove Swirls By Hand
    How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test
    How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Definately follow the 5 step program. NoteClaying is extremely Necessary.) I recently detailed a Trans Am(Silver) and had Great results with NXT Wax. I'm gonna see if I can find some pics and Post them.
      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mejia
        Definately follow the 5 step program. NoteClaying is extremely Necessary.) I recently detailed a Trans Am(Silver) and had Great results with NXT Wax. I'm gonna see if I can find some pics and Post them.
        That would be awsome if you could. I have #7 and #26 at my house along with the 3 step program. And I also use gold class wax.
        -Brandon
        http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/lt1_man/sig3.jpg

Comment

Re: 1995 silver formula

Originally posted by lt1_man
          Ok I just picked up my silver 1995 firebird formula and I dont know much about making a silver car shine. I had a 1989 mustang gt black and it looked really good but would always have streaks in the sunlight. Anyways I would like to do a good 2 day detail on my firebird making it really shine. The paint is in really good condition except for a few clear coat scratchs. I have a orbital buffer and a huge paint buffer you use when you buff out a car for the first time. Iam not detail stupid but I really dont know much about making silver shine. Any help or steps would be great.
          -Thanks Brandon
          Firstly, welcome to Meguiar's Online!

By following the 5 step Car Care Cycle, that silver will be really beautiful. I would also encourage you to look into using a Meguiar's G100 DA Polisher as it will make a big difference!

Here are a couple of pictures of my wife's silver Toyota Sport.

Here it is with #21 Synthetic Sealant (after a thoroughly prepping the finish):

And here it is with NXT Tech Wax (again, after thoroughly prepping the finish)

And #20 Polymer Sealant topped with #16 Paste Wax

Keep in mind that these were after a thorough prepping.

With the right products, you can make silver look awesome!!!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

There are a few products you can try: as mentioned, do the several step process. I think a final coat of #20 might do the trick for silver. #26 is my favorite for a top, but my car is dark and it tends to really work well with dark. I have not tried #21 yet, but hear it is good. I have found NXT to not be as good as the above, but that was just my experience. #7 as a polish is a favorite, and it is one of my "must-haves", again the difference might be less noticable on silver, but I would still give it a try.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');