• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT vs Gold Class Car Washes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT vs Gold Class Car Washes

I recently pulled from the Meguires web site the MSDS sheets for these two products.

The ingredients and the percentage range for the ingredients is identical! Yet, the NXT is cheaper than the Gold Class.

Interesting!

I am sure they are not the same make up, I imagine they use the ranges to keep the formula secret, you never know when someone might want to mix some up in their basement. The Soft Wash Gel also has the same mix I know that is no where near the same.
    Last edited by gb387; Feb 15, 2004, 07:50 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I have not used theNXT wash, but have used GC many times, and pplan on using NXT wash on Tuesday. NXT is more of system, I think.

Interesting you mention price of GC wash, as I was at Target the other day and GC wash was 9.99 and the Westley (I think) was 2.99. Both were the gallon size. If I were just joe consumer looking for the lowest price, which would I buy. I think there should be something in the middle of the price range.

Eric
      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Wesleys works fine for average cars,

but it has no special properties to help with appearance or drying. I use Wesleys but always have to followup with careful drying and even waxing to remove residual stains and spots. I hope NXT is a huge improvement like it claims, aiding spot removal, rejuvenating appearance, and sheeting water. In the interest of efficiency and a systems approach to washing, we all need something more than a mere car wash soap to maintain our waxed appearance sheetmetal.
        Alexandra

Comment

I've had a bottle of NXT Car Wash for about two weeks now but haven't used it till today (Monday, 2-16).
          I am greatly impressed with the product. Somewhere I noticed a posting on how well the NXT Car Wash suds up but didn't really belive it. Boy was I mistaken! I've never seen so much suds from a car wash product.
          I've waited all morning for it to warm up, finally about 11:00 this morning the temp went up to 41 degrees and I went out and washed our Pacifica. I just can't express how happy I am with the product.
          I'd go out and put some kink of Mequiar's wax (NXT) on the car but I'm afread that it's still too cold to do that.
          COME ON SPRING!!!!!

Comment

Because of the recent discussions taking place over MSD sheets and Meguiar's products, I have been taking part in a number of meetings to discuss MSD sheets and what they mean.

MSD sheets are for shipping and safety purposes, they in no way reflect formula's, let alone exact formula’s.

To help explain what the information contained in Meguiar's MSD sheets represents, Meguiar's recently drafted this statement.

(Begin Statement)

We are pleased to see the level of excitement on the new NXT line of Meguiar’s so high. Since 1901 Meguiar’s has strived to deliver the best product possible, and by the comments on the web regarding the outstanding performance of this new product line, we have been able to deliver a high quality Meguiar’s product once again. Unfortunately, there are a few comments relating to the new NXT line, which are not only misleading, but also downright false.

It appears there have been some comparisons of our product by looking at MSD Sheets and by doing this, a conclusion has been drawn that we package the same product in multiple packages and names. This could not be farther from the truth.

Please allow us to correctly inform you of what an MSDS represents.

MSD Sheets are by no means actual formulations. They are primarily used for shipping and storing purposes and are not designed for the general public. At Meguiar’s we know our competitors are watching us closely and have been trying to copy our formulations for years, so to assume an MSD Sheet actually reveals vital information to aid in this process is absurd…Furthermore, MSD Sheets only list chemical families, not the actual chemical.

For example, take the broad category of “Solvents”. This category could include “petroleum distillates”. Within Petroleum Distillates you could find a wide range of products from gasoline to even baby oil. So when someone assumes 2 products use the same chemical because they both list “solvents” on their MSD Sheets…they are assuming wrong.

Meguiar’s uses very general statements in our MSD Sheets to describe chemical wax compositions as a “Polymer Wax Blend”, which is stated on most of our wax protectant products.

Since NXT contains no carnauba or any other wax found in M-20 (Polymer Sealant), there seems to be some confusion on the MSD Sheet. Because of this confusion, we have changed the MSD Sheet to help clarify the situation. NXT Tech Wax and Spray Wax contains all new synthetic waxes and polymers. So we have changed the general statement to read “Synthetic Polymer Blend”. We hope this clears up any and all confusion when discussing MSD Sheets and chemical families and formulations.

(End of statement)

This same logic applies to all Meguiar’s products and the correlating MSD sheets.

By the way, I washed my own 1973 2-wheel drive Blazer yesterday and was also impressed in it's cleaning ability and the finish results it left behind. The suds lasted way after I was finished washing the car.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              By the way, I washed my own 1973 2-wheel drive Blazer yesterday and was also impressed in it's cleaning ability and the finish results it left behind. The suds lasted way after I was finished washing the car.

Mike
              Thanks for the info. Were is the picture of the Blazer you watched. The 2wd Blazer is quite rear and sought after.

Eric
              Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Petroleum Distillates
                Polymer Wax Blend
                Synthetic Polymer Blend
                WHO GIVES THE DARN! Your products work and work fine they do! I wouldn't care if your NXT car wash said it contained costic soda because your products, I believe are 100% safe and from what few I've used are 100% good.

Comment

Originally posted by chinkapin02
                  Petroleum Distillates
                  Polymer Wax Blend
                  Synthetic Polymer Blend
                  WHO GIVES THE DARN! Your products work and work fine they do! I wouldn't care if your NXT car wash said it contained costic soda because your products, I believe are 100% safe and from what few I've used are 100% good.
                  well said!
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

would agree with all of the statements made here on ingredients. In the big pictures, it's the results you achieve, not what's in the bottle.

Meguiar's is a reputable company, Barry and his family have done more for the car hobby than any other company I can think of. They're all about sharing the passion between people and their love for their cars. Meguiar's brings people together and families together to have fun, not argue.

But... to each there own.

Mike
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Has anyone that used the gold class wax used the NXT wax. Is there a noticeable difference? I just ordered some NXT wax and was wondering. I previously used the Gold Class and loved it. Hope the NXT is even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
                        Thanks for the info. Were is the picture of the Blazer you washed. The 2wd Blazer is quite rare and sought after.

Eric
                        Just by coincidence, I went over the entire finish over the weekend with ColorX and then Tech Wax.

This truck has a $800.00 Maaco paint job, but the above two products, applied using the PC makes it look a lot better than it really is!

We took the top off last Friday since for the most part, the rainy season is over down here. If it does rain, I usually keep a small tarp and some bungee cords in the back of the truck.

Your right about it being rare, I think they produced less than a thousand 2-wheel drive units in 1973, which was also the first year for the Cheyenne body style. Last year I replaced the engine with a balanced 350 bored .30 over. I installed the 76cc open chambered heads and a Competition 268h grind cam. Pertronix Ignition, Holly Carb, Edelbrock intake, headers and Magna Flow mufflers. With a positive shift, shift kit, she'll scoot right a long, especially with the hard top off. Of course a big block would be a lot more exciting...

Sure is fun to drive!

Mike
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

99sdime
                          I used gold class wax regularly untill I tried nxt. Not saying that there is anything wrong with the gc, but i wouldn't trade the nxt for the gc. it is a matter of perferance, but I think nxt take sthe gc to a whole new level!
                          2019 GMC Sierra
                          1500 AT4

Comment

^^DEFFENTLY AND THE SPRAY BOOSTER WAX IS AWSOME TO

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');