• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best cleaner/wax for an extremely lazy person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cleaner/wax for an extremely lazy person?

The facts:

* I'm lazy.
    * I own a new silver-metallic car.
    * I'd like to detail my car myself.
    * I live in an apartment complex.
    * I own a G104 Cordless Buffer.

The question:

What's the best cleaning and longest lasting one-step cleaner wax - #6, ColorX, or #66?

I've used ColorX and I was quite pleased. I also like the fact that ColorX (according to the bottle) provides polymer protection. Just wondering if there's something better.

Thanks!
    Last edited by intergalactica; Apr 8, 2006, 10:23 PM.

Stick with ColorX, it will do everything you want it to do.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Depending on how lazy you are, you can top ColorX with #21, for a little longer durability. Thats what I do usualy for the daily driver, since doing all 5 steps lasts about 1 day before it is very dirty.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

ColourX is great but i would recommend a G100 polisher, you will get much more power and you will save time.

the only thing is you need to find power
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
          Depending on how lazy you are, you can top ColorX with #21, for a little longer durability. Thats what I do usualy for the daily driver, since doing all 5 steps lasts about 1 day before it is very dirty.

I have #21 in my arsenal. However, ColorX yields such nice results I really haven't been overly enthusiastic about giving the car a go-over with #21.

I do remember that within a week of owning the car, I applied #21 on the trunk and the rear deck spoiler. Although I was happy with the finish, I wasn't as happy as I was when I first tried ColorX.

In comparison to #21, I feel that ColorX leaves a smoother finish (the result of what I attribute to be the higher content of diminishing abrasives in the product) thus rendering greater levels of depth, luster, and reflectivity.

I'm simply concerned with the ability of ColorX to protect the finish from the ravages of the rain and hot Florida Sun. After all, it is considered a 3-in-1 product (cleaner/polish/wax) so it can't truly be expected to accomplish all three tasks the same manner individual products such as #80, #7, and #26 could. Or can it?

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
            ColourX is great but i would recommend a G100 polisher, you will get much more power and you will save time.

the only thing is you need to find power

Actually, Meguiar's G104 cordless orbital buffer is great! No cords to worry about and a relatively long battery life. In addition, it's lightweight and easy to maneuver. Most importantly, the G104 quickly and efficiently applies a nice and even coat without tiring my arms and shoulders. Definitely better than doing it by hand!

Comment

ColorX or MEG"S cleaner wax are the most efficient to use on a daily driver exposed to the elements. I'm 700' from the Atlantic daily & found the cleaner wax to be the best bang for the $ when done regularly. After each wash I use the MEGS spray wax & quick detailer to keep it smooth between waxes. When the microfiber drags on the surface it's time to wax! Enjoy the shine!
              Death Before Dishonor

Comment

One reaon you may not have liked #21 is because #21 needs to have the surface prepped before application, such as with a cleaner and a polish.

ColorX will give better results on its own because it prepped the surface while you were applying it, because it is a cleaner/polish/wax.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                  One reaon you may not have liked #21 is because #21 needs to have the surface prepped before application, such as with a cleaner and a polish.

Prior to applying #21, I thoroughly prepped the surface using two coats of MPPC. In addition, the car was less than a week old and its finish was, to say the least, impeccable.

Don't get me wrong, #21 is great. I simply feel that ColorX looks better to my eyes.

I guess every now and then I could do as you recommended and top ColorX with #21 (at least on the hood, roof, and trunk) to enhance durability.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');