• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gun stock

I would just like to chime in as I tried something new after duck hunting opening weekend this year. I have an OLD H&R .22, no idea how exactly the stock is finished but it looks like polished hardwood of some variety. Anyways, I sprayed some Beosheild T9 and wiped the stock (well the entire exterior) as thoroughly as possible. Lent a nice sheer without becomign slippery, and based on previous experiences it should have a significant rust protection factor.

For those familar with T9, any thoughts? What is an easy way to figure out the best preventitive maint. for a wood stock of any given finish?
    2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Re: Gun stock

Not to drag skeletons out of the closet, but coming from a family who hunts, i was always taught to use linseed oil on wood stocks unless it was know to have a lacquer on it. I have used linseed oil on many wood rifle stocks with no finish, and with several, and i mean several applications of linseed oil, you will get a stock that has a deep warm gloss due to the wood fibers absorbing the linseed oil. Just throwing this out there to anyone who wants to revive an old wood stock. Linseed oil can be found in most paint supply stores.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');