• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing left over adhesive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing left over adhesive

First I just wanted to say hi and I'm glad I decided to give the forums a look. More quality information and helpful people then I ever would of imagined. Just browsing for the last few days I've learned all kinds of things about detailing I never would of thought of.

Ok so I got this Honda Civic a few months ago, 10 year old car. She was garage kept but besides that not taking care of. I'm currently in the midst of getting her in shape so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions in the future.

Anyways, I just removed some old bumper stickers and my pin stripes, but there’s still a small layer of adhesive where the pin stripes were and a little bit on the bumper.

I've been recommended Goo Gone in the past, but I remember using it on an older vehicle I had and it being a little harsh on the clear coat. So can anyone suggest an alternative way of getting it off. Thanks in advance.

Goo Gone was harsh? Sounds unusual, what happened?

Something like Bug and Tar remover may work, or even the Body Solvent, but that is a big jug for a little project.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You may want to give WD40 a try. I used on a 10 year old dealer sticker and it worked for me.
      "A clean car makes for a happy driver!"

Comment

Goo Gone was harsh? Sounds unusual, what happened?
        After I used it the spot seemed extremely dull, I thought maybe it was eating away at some of the clear coat. Maybe I was wrong and this is just normal?

Comment

Doesnt sound quite like my experience, though I think I could tell where I had used it. I just cleaned/polished/waxed after, and all was ok.

Comment

I second the WD40, great for removing sticker goo.
            If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Comment

They make a little WD-40 pen now... Might be handy on cars, since it will contol more where it is applied.

Comment

ya i would think a bug and tar remover would work and to MOL!
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');