• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#81 Hand Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #81 Hand Polish

Having used #81 Hand Polish for the fist time today I would have to say its well worth the asking price! Having used Deep Crystal #2, #9 2.0 and #7 the #81 is by far given me the best results. I used it with my PC on a speed of 3.5-4. It applied very easy and wiped off just as easy and left a great looking shine.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I have yet to use #81. I have a bottle. I just haven't found time to use it yet

Comment

Tried it this past weekend. I still like #7 though. #7 leaves paint a little more oily.

Did make one minor mistake using product, I tried to let the product skin like #7 but oooppss it dries. When dry it's tough to remove. Called Tech Sup and they recommend to remove right away. Live and learn.

Comment

Re: #81 Hand Polish

Originally posted by gb387
        Having used #81 Hand Polish for the fist time today I would have to say its well worth the asking price! Having used Deep Crystal #2, #9 2.0 and #7 the #81 is by far given me the best results. I used it with my PC on a speed of 3.5-4. It applied very easy and wiped off just as easy and left a great looking shine.
        Was this a follow up after a detail, or done by itself at a later date?...Also, what pad did you use?

The reason for the 1st question, is that I've noticed that a pure polish seems to work in a little better on a dry finish...."Dry" meaning that the paint has not been detailed in a day or two.

I've had a little trouble applying #7, & #81 right after doing a full detail beforehand...I guess the paint is sort of saturated by the time I'm ready to use a pure polish, so that might have contributed to some of my problems.

I applied #81 to my silver car yesterday with a PC, with no problems...But the paint had not been detailed in a few days either.

Just food for thought.
        r. b.

Comment

Re: Re: #81 Hand Polish

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
          Was this a follow up after a detail, or done by itself at a later date?...Also, what pad did you use?

The reason for the 1st question, is that I've noticed that a pure polish seems to work in a little better on a dry finish...."Dry" meaning that the paint has not been detailed in a day or two.

I've had a little trouble applying #7, & #81 right after doing a full detail beforehand...I guess the paint is sort of saturated by the time I'm ready to use a pure polish, so that might have contributed to some of my problems.

I applied #81 to my silver car yesterday with a PC, with no problems...But the paint had not been detailed in a few days either.

Just food for thought.
          Well I used it with the Finishing Pad, I think you might have even had suggested that in another post. You know I got thinking and I guess I have a couple questions.... I used: Deep Crystal Cleaner/#81/NXT 2 thin coats. Is it better to use a polish after you have done the wax and not before?

I should be able to use it over the NXT for some extra shine from time to time with out removing the NXT, correct?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

GB I personally have never used #81 but if it is basically the same make-up as #7 then yes you could put it over the NXT for like a show or something for that WOW WET look but it isnt going to last more than a few days. It is better to put your NXT over it to sort of "lock" the look in. But nothing wrong with putting it over NXT for a show or a cruise for that awesome look. It just wont last on top.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');