• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pad Life....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad Life....

How long do your Meguiar pads last?
    How do you know when to replace them?
    W8006 & W9006 specifically.
    Thanks.
    "I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
    Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
    www.mcmmotorsports.com

Not long if you use the wrong backing plate like I did
    Than they look like this:

Caused by the sharp edge of the backing plate that was too large
    in diameter ( 150 mm. ) and came outside the Velcro at the back of
    the pad ( that's only 135 mm. ) so that was a real good lesson
    I just love detailing

Comment

The pads will last a long time if maintained properly.The pad abrasive quality breaks down eventually.Most average use pads last a few years for the DIY.My pads get worn alot quicker and I use them to apply wax or sealant after the cutting ability is gone.Ive got a 8006 pad thats 3years old and I use it for applying #21 now.The best thing to do is compare a older pad to a new pad and you will feel the difference and know its time to let it go.
      2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
      Show Car Detail

Comment

Wow! I thought the life span even if taken care of was a lot less. Good to know. Thanks.
        "I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
        Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
        www.mcmmotorsports.com

Comment

ive learned this from extensive use with foam pads at my job. i buff every day mainly with foam w7000, and a 3m swirl remover pad. if you get them to work right they r great, but not for everyone because they get cupped from wear. try a mini grinder and flatten the middle while spinning the buffer wheel low speed. it rebalances the pad like new. i can probably get about 30-40 cars buffed on one pad! i have more to say about the subject, but i could write a book someday too

Comment

I have a finishing pad thats about 3 years old as well and still looks fairly good. My polishing pads wear a little more than the finishing pads. Either way I get my moneys worth out of them.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');